Love Struck: Loving a Thug [8]

Kylani's POV:

I Woke Up In My Bed. I Had The Craziest Dream Ever. My Mom Came Back And I Didn't Even Recognize Her. I Started To Sob Silently. Oh How I Miss Her So Much Right Now.

Laughing Between My Dad, My Brother, An Some Other Voice Snapped Me Out My Thoughts. I Went Down Stairs And Froze As I Saw Her. I Guess It Wasn't A Dream.

Everyone Turned Their Attention Towards Me. My Dad Had A Kool-Aid Smile Plastered Across His Face. Danny Had A Slight Smile On His. No One Spoke A Few Seconds Until My Mom Decided To Break The Silence.

" Honey. Are You Feeling Better.?" She Asked All Concerned As She Got Up And Approached Me. I Didn't Say Anything. I Was Still Trying To Wrap These Thoughts Around The Situation.

" Come On. Why Don't You Take A Seat." She Said As She Guided Me To The Couch. I Had So Many Questions Floating Around In My Head Right Now.

" What Happened.? Where Were You.? Who Took You.? Why Did They Take You.? Do You Know Who It Was.? When Did You Get Free.? How Did You Get Free.? Why Did You Wait So Long To Come Back.? How Long Have You Been Free.?" I Threw Questions At Her Left And Right.

She Looked So Different. She Lost A Lot Of Weight. Her Hair Was Shorter. Her Eyes A Different Shade Of Grey Than Mine. She Was Taller Than I Remembered. I Hardly Recognized Her. Why.? She Was My Mother. I Would Think I Would Remember Her Face. Something Isn't Sitting Right With Me. And I Think My Brother Sensed It Too.

I Snapped Out Of My Thoughts And Tuned In As She Told Us The Story Of What Happened That Night. And I Hate To Say It But I Wasn't Buying It. It Just Didn't Make Since.

" So A White Man Took You.?" I Asked Her With Doubt In My Voice.

" Yes." She Said. I Searched Her Eyes But They Were Emotionless. She Continue To Tell Her Story. I Glanced At My Dad Who Seemed To Be Sold. His Eyes Started Watering And Everything. Danny's Face Was Scrunched Up  In Confusion. Her Story Soon Came To An End.

"Let Me Get This Straight. So A White Man, You Didn't Know, Held A Knife To Your Throat As He Stuffed You In The Trunk To Take You To His Home, All The Way In Lawrenceville, With Him And Forced You To Be His Wife Against Your Will.And When He Died Last Year All His Riches Was Left To You And That's When You Left And Came Searching For Us.?" I Asked In Disbelief.

" Yes." She Said Almost In A Whisper As She Shed A Tear.My Dad Brought Her In A Tight Hug.

Something Was Off. This Couldn't Be My Mom. I Was Gonna Find Out The Truth Sooner Than Later. As Of Right Now My Strategy Is To Play Along. I Joined The Hug And Let A Few Tears Shed Here And There And Danny Did The Same. Just Then It Hit Me.

" Dad Were Is Galina.?" I Asked Disconnecting The Group Hug.

" She With One Of The Twins." Danny Told Me. I Nodded.

" Dad Can I Talk To You And Danny.?"

" Sure Sweetie." We Went To His Home Office. " What's Wrong Baby Girl.?"

" Ummm...So The Holidays Are Coming Up And Lucas Wanted Me To Meet His Family For One. I Picked Thanksgiving Because I Wanted To Be Here For Christmas."

" I Don't Have A Problem With That. Where Does His Family Live.?"

" In.....Italy." He Let Out A Deep Sigh Before He Spoke.

" I Guess You Can Go. If Your With Lucas Your In Good Hands. Just Be Careful."

" Okay Thanks Daddy." I Hugged Him And Walked Out Of His Office. I Went To My Room To Call Liam Back And Tell Him My Choice.