Chapter 1 - The Adoption

"Hermione Dear?" Her mother called out to her daughter who was currently in her room packing for her last year at hogwarts. "Your father and I have something we want to talk to you about, could you come downstairs please?" She continued, smiling when her daughter appeared in the doorway to the living room. She patted the sofa signalling that she wanted her to sit. Her father, John Granger, smiled at her before starting to speak. "We weren't able to tell you until you turned 18 so please don't be mad at us love" he said speaking softly as if he were scared that she would be. "I could never be mad at you daddy" Hermione reassured him smiling gently at him as she sat next to her mother, Jean Granger.

Her mother took a calming breath before continuing on from her husband. "We adopted you Hermione.. When you were almost 2 years old your parents were targeted by the man you called the dark lord. He didn't know about you, but he knew of your brother so your parents had to give you up. We're sorry we didn't tell you sooner but there is a contract that legally binds us to secrecy" her mother explains clearly nervous of how her daughter would react. "Who are my real parents mum?" Hermione asks shocked. "We don't know.. They'll be here soon though, there was a charm that was supposed to notify them as soon as we told you. You're still our daughter though darling" Jean continued, squeezing her hand gently. "I know mum, and you'll always be my parents" Hermione replies smiling at both her mother and father who looked as if he was close to tears.

Jean jumped in surprise as a loud knock sounded on the Granger's door. "That will be them." Hermione's mum said, squeezing her daughter's hand gently she went to the door and could be heard letting what sounded like three people inside. "Hermione.. These are your birth parents" Jean explained smiling at her softly. "Uh hello.." Hermione mumbled blushing slightly. She looked at her birth parents before continuing, not seeing her brother as she was too shocked. "I don't really look like this do i? It's a glamour isn't it?" She asked directing the question at the beautiful dark haired woman who was her real mother.

"No dear you don't.. I'm Adrianna Zabini, your birth mother and this is your father Lorenzo." Her mother said pulling her daughter in for a hug which Hermione happily returned. "Is Hermione my name?" She asks curiously gasping quietly when Blaise answers her. "Yes Sorella, your birth name is Hermione Aurora Zabini."

He says smiling at her as he steps out from behind his parents. "That's really pretty.." She mutters still watching Blaise. "When can the glamour come off?" She asks her father, Lorenzo, who was beaming at his daughter. "I think i can remove it as soon as you return to the manor." He explains to her before continuing. "Your mother and i were wondering if you wanted to spend the last week of summer with us at Zabini Manor. You can still stay in contact and visit you parents here, if you wish to. Your mother and I are very grateful to them, we would never dream of taking them away from you Hermione." He says still smiling at her.

"Stay at the manor? I'd love to." She says grinning. "Well we can leave immediately after you've said your goodbyes Tesoro." Lorenzo told her as she hugged and kissed her adoptive parents goodbye, she summoned her trunk and stood it infront of her. "Okay I'm ready to go." She says holding onto her trunk as they make their way over to the fireplace. Her Parents and Blaise went through the floo first and Hermione followed shouting out "Zabini Manor!" as clear as she could as she dropped the green powder. She stepped out of the fireplace and her mouth fell open at the sight of Draco Malfoy who was equally as shocked to see her as she was to see him. "What the hell is he doing here?!" She cried out the same time he demanded "what the hell is the mudblood here for?!"

Sorella - Sister

Tesoro - Sweetheart