Episode Three- Kagemusha

Kagemusha- Episode 3

I was at this moment laying completely flat on a metal table in a room full of pointy metal objects. Nice surgery room Szayelaporro...really makes me feel at ease. He then walked into the room putting on rubber gloves and then a mask to cover his mouth. "Are you ready Kana?" I shifted and tried to get more comfortable, but it didn't work, "No not really, but do I have a choice? I mean I either get the surgery or never walk again..."

Szayelaporro chuckled to himself before walking up to me and cupping my face. "The surgery will be a success, I promise you." He then put an oxygen mask on me then gave me a shot in the arm, I slowly started to get drowsy and before I knew it, I was deep in sleep...

I woke up and started to rub my tired eyes. The surgery must've been over, hopefully it was a success. I opened my eyes and almost fell back. I was laying on the ground in the middle of an isolated city with towers everywhere and a very dense fog, making it hard to see.

"Where am I? Is this a dream...?" It just seemed too real to be a trance. "Kana..." I heard my name and looked up to see where it came from. On top of one of the towers was the shadow warrior who had stabbed me in one of my nightmares. I quivered as I stared at the demonic thing in sheer terror. "Who are you and what do you want from me?!"

The shadow jumped off the building and landed a foot in front of me. "Rise Kana." But my legs don't work...right? I tried anyways and to my astonishment, my legs worked perfectly fine. I looked down at me legs in confusion, "But how...?" Oh. It must've been because I was in a dream. The shadow spoke up, "I am Kagemusha, the shadow warrior, the demonic savior whose veins run with dark blood that holds many powers." It then made sense, the black blood, "So you're the one giving me nightmares and making my blood turn black!" Kagemusha didn't respond for a moment, "I'm trying to test you, to see if you are my true wielder from before..."

From before? What is he talking about?

"Get your blood out of me at once!" He then spoke up, "What are you going to do about it?" I then froze, what was I going to do? I'm not a fighter, heck I've never been in a fight before. But I couldn't let this monster hurt me anymore. "I'll fight you..." He chuckled, "Haha now that sounds like the old you, Kana." What is he talking about? He's talking like we've known each other for a long time. But...how was that possible...? "What are you-?" And before I could finish, he cut his arm off with the other using a sword from his hilt that I just now noticed.

The arm landed on the ground and turned into the black blood then it formed into a zanpakuto. He picked it up and threw it to me. "But your arm?" He smiled and stretched his armless side until another arm formed from what seemed like shadows. He now took the sword into both his hands and got into a fighting stance.

I tried to get into the same stance as him, well here goes nothing...

I made the first move and used sonido to get far away from Kagemusha. I needed to hide and think of a plan since there was no way I was going to be able to defeat him face to face. I flash stepped all the way to the tallest tower on the roof and hid behind some boxes. It had started to rain black water droplets.

If I defeated Kagemusha the black blood would leave me. But why was he doing this to me in the first place? He didn't seem like the evil type, ironically. So why? Why me? Why was this happening to me? Why was he ruining my life by making his stupid blood run through my veins, causing my body to work against me? WHY?!?!

Anger started to get a hold of me and I started to feel power build throughout my body. I guess anger could be used to my advantage. I looked down below the tower I was on and didn't see Kagemusha.