3

"What?" Chanyeol said in disbelief. "I thought the first time we met was this year not 14 years ago!"

Baekhyun winced. His thoughts were racing, he struggled to fine the right words to communicate the reasons why he lied and why those reasons seemed good at the time but now Baekhyun is scared that he misplaced Chanyeol's trust and he might lose him, and Baekhyun can't have that—

Baekhyun's hand burst into flames.

"Holy shit!" Chanyeol yelled a second before Baekhyun felt the pain. He cried out, the fire was so hot and it was burning his flesh in a way that made his mouth twist painfully.

All of Baekhyun's senses were focused on the pain and it was weird because it's been so long since Baekhyun felt physical pain. First the bullet wound, now fire - both feelings are raw, unconventional, impossible. Vampires aren't supposed to get hurt - punches, bullets, kicks, they mean nothing.

"What the fuck!" Chanyeol yelled, hands frantically searching for the door handle, his wild eyes on Baekhyun.

Baekhyun stared back and in between the searing pain of his flesh burning and his body registering the fact that he can feel pain, the vampire  realized how terrifying this must be for Chanyeol, that Chanyeol can really get hurt.

Baekhyun clamped his mouth shut, swallowing the pain and rolled the window down before sticking out his flaming hand. "Chanyeol," he said in a tight voice, his breathing labored. "Hand me my jacket."

He heard frantic rustling, and imagined Chanyeol taking off Baekhyun's small jacket he had placed on top of him the night before. His breathing became fast and hard and the smell of flesh being burn started to filled the small car. Chanyeol began to gag and Baekhyun turned his head around. He was worried about Chanyeol, always, but he grabbed the sweater out of Chanyeol's trembling hands and pressed it down on his flaming hand.

"Fuck!" Baekhyun threw his head back against the head rest in pain as he felt his skin sizzle. With his good hand he forcefully rubbed the fabric until he felt the fire go off. Breathing heavily, Baekhyun drew his hand close to his chest.

Chanyeol shifted away from Baekhyun, his hand hovering over the passenger door was tense and his eyes were locked on Baekhyun's covered hand. The hand that had literally burst into flames.

The vampire turned to look at his soulmate, sensing his fear. Chanyeol was afraid of Baekhyun. And Baekhyun was afraid that Chanyeol, despite being his soulmate, didn't want to deal with everything that came with dating a vampire. There has been cases where soulmates don't Mark or stay together. Baekhyun doesn't want that. He's had his taste of Chanyeol and he can just walk away. He simply can't, it's against his nature.

"What the fuck was that," Chanyeol said in a trembling voice.

"I-" Baekhyun hesitated, still shocked that it actually happened. "I haven't been feeding and I've grown weak, enough for my skins- I guess you can call it a protective layer- to, I guess melt? I-I don't know how to describe it but—"

"Shit, Baekhyun- I'm sorry for telling you not to feed- I didn't mean- I didn't know- fuck this is my fault-!"