African

15/02/2018

Dear Diary
I am unapologetically black. I am not the average stereotype of a black girl. I am not an escort, promiscuous and neither do I lack any brain cells. Books, religion, nationality, sex and ethnic background do not define who I am and neither will race. I embrace my melanin and refuse to let anyone who has no power to create anyone like me be the judge of my life or the ruler of my destiny. The pigment of my skin does not control the way my brain functions and with that being said I will speak with an eloquence and enunciation that surpasses my peers and no, it does not have anything to do with me being black. The fact that I have the capability to think and change negative views on young black women does not mean I am of mixed race or have grown up around white people but rather because I am articulate. Do not measure my worth, my beauty, my humanity by the depth of brown in my skin. My surplus of melanin is alluring and radiant. In all honesty, the world has barely scratched the surface of embracing all black girls in all our forms of beauty.

 In all honesty, the world has barely scratched the surface of embracing all black girls in all our forms of beauty

Please vote and comment!!!💞