Silhouettes

-Silhouettes

It took Juvia 3 seconds to process what she'd heard. Brother's coming back, the words repeating and repeating in her mind. She tried to twist and bend every word, trying to find another meaning besides the one she feared most.

"Oh" she finally managed.

"Oh? That's it? That's all you have to say?" Jordan rose and placed her shoulders behind her to support her weight. Her blue eyes shocked at Juvia's lack of reaction. "Well that was underwhelming. I thought you'd be more freaked out about this than I am. I was expecting shouting and hysterical whining, but this, this is way more boring that what I've drawn in my head"

"When?" Juvia asked in a small voice. She couldn't focus her thoughts. Gray was coming back. He'll be here, I'll see him and, and then what? What do I say? What will he say? Gray! Will he even talk to me? Would he recognize me? She thought frantically. She was beginning to breathe rapidly and her lungs hurt out of exertion. Juvia buried her face in her pillows and trembled, as her hand went to her chest and gripped her shirt. Was she having a panic attack?

Three days from now, Juvia?" Jordan replied, placing her hand on Juvia's shoulder."Hey, hey are you okay? You're breathing really hard. Do you have asthma or something? Hey Juvia, Violette? You never told me you had asthma, wait, wait here I'll get your inhaler or ..Oh! Maybe a paper bag or something, those work too right?..I'll be right back, you stay where you are..." Juvia felt the bed lift as Jordan rushed out of bed.

Juvia heard Jordan rummage through her stuff and Stranger barking. She tried to breath. Yes that's it, just breathe Violette, She thought to herself. Here head swam with vivid images of him. Gray, with his black messy hair, eyes that shifted from clear sapphire to a cold blue ice, his deep voice and his laughter, she remembered it all. Juvia felt like she was submerged in icy water. She tried to gather her thoughts and she willed herself to gain control, breathing more evenly she faced the ceiling. Your overreacting Juvia, she scolded herselfJordan's rummaging became more frantic. She rose and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Inhaler, paper bag, inhaler, paper bag, mushrooms, inhaler, paper bag... I can't find anything, Oh fuck, she's gonna die! Help! Help!" Jordan began screaming.

Juvia heard her run out the door and she followed quickly. She found her friend knocking on the door of a neighbouring room with a sock in her hand. A room she knew was empty, this was, after all, the 20th floor.

Is anybody there, my friend needs hel-" Juvia clamped her hand tightly over her frantic friend's mouth, cutting her sentence. Jordan screamed into her hand even more, whipping the sock at her attacker.

"Jordan, Jordan, look I'm okay. You don't need to do that okay? Jeez, stop hitting me. I'm gonna take off my hand But. Do. Not. Scream. " Juvia whispered in her friend's ear. Jordan nodded, her eyes staring back at Juvia and her hair was a tangle of black and fuchsia, her body rigid and slightly bent backwards. Jordan tapped her hand and Juvia slowly let go.

"Pepperoni!"

Jordan screamed with a laugh in her voice, the shout ringing through the hallway. Juvia's ears hurt as she was standing directly by Jordan's mouth, immediately clamping her hands against her ears. Jordan sat cross legged on the floor and giggled. Juvia sighed and sat in front of her and cracked a smile. Jordan laughed till her shoulders trembled, her high-pitched voice like Christmas bells. Abruptly, she stopped and narrowed her blue eyes at Juvia, who remained silent.

"You scared the be-Jesus out of me" Jordan whispered and pouted.

"I know" Juvia looked down "I'm sorry, I overreacted".