5.Her smile is growing on me

I was putting some books in my locker when I heard a voice from my left, "That's a pretty flower." I turned to the source of the voice and saw Bambam, my classmate.

"Thank you" I replied with a smile and kept the rose inside my locker. Bambam smirked at me and went to his seat. I went and sat next to Jihyo.

As the bell rang indicating the end of 2nd period and the start of 3rd period I saw a line of students walking in the corridor outside our classroom. I figured they were our juniors since most of their faces were new to me. They were holding drawing books and color sets, so I figured they were going for Arts class. Watching them, I met someone's eyes who smiled at me and I smiled back. Dahyun and Tzuyu were closely behind her heels.

I turned to look at the front just quick enough to catch Bambam staring at me, he turned away immediately probably pretending he was not looking. What's with him?

Jihyo and I signed up in the Reading club, which meant we would get special privilege in the library and even get to learn about library science. We were browsing through the shelves. I saw Chaeyoung reading a book, her glasses on the tip of her nose and her lips pursed as she concentrated. Why is she so cute?

"Ya, sit in the reading area and read

"Ya, sit in the reading area and read. You're jamming the way here" Dahyun appeared from behind her and pulled her away.

-----------------------------------------------------
Days went by, I saw Chaeyoung everytime her class would come out for Arts class. She always looked at my direction and smiled. Dahyun and Tzuyu would wave at me once in a while and I would smile at them. It had become a routine for me, I started to look out for them. Her smile was growing on me, I was becoming more fond of her. I also saw them at lunchtime everyday but they used to sit with their group of around 8 friends, so we only exchanged smiles.

Meanwhile Bambam was overly friendly to me. Once he paid for Jihyo's and my lunch. Jihyo jokingly told me to date him.

------------------------------------------

"Happy birthday Mina doll!" Jihyo kissed my cheek as soon as we met in classroom. It was my birthday.

"Thank you bestie" I hugged her back. I had invited Jihyo to dinner later.

It was just another day at school. Habitually, I was waiting for 3rd period so that I could see Chaeyoung. And there she was; like everyday she smiled at me and I smiled back. These moments were always heartwarming. There was no teacher in 3rd period. To the delight of everyone, the Class president informed us that the Teacher was absent; we could roam free but we had to be back in time for the next class.  Everybody filed out. Jihyo linked arms with me and we went to the playground to walk and chat.

We saw students scattered holding sketchbooks and pencils. "Looks like the Triplet will be here" Jihyo guessed. And soon enough we saw them on the stairs overlooking the soccer field. We quietly went to them and sat behind them. I peeked at their sketches, they were drawing the school building.