They watch from afar

"Can you see her in there, Councilman?"

He took a match and lit this cigar as a huge man who wore a red suit stood up, took a binoculars from his coat pocket and stared blankly into the studio...

"We've had her for a few weeks, this one is tough."

A smile on the councilman's face...

"I could have her brainwashed from day one, but I don't think that it's what you wanted so I let her be.

Ignored, he went on...

"I've never encountered someone like her, I know she watched what we did in the nuthouse, I know how she studied us while depriving herself of sleep. I was the one in charge of her, as you already know."

The man who wore a red suit placed the binoculars on the table on his right and sat on his chair, gazing into the windy horizon while he chewed on his cigar the other gentleman went on again...

"You've encountered them before right?"

(silence)

"You've followed her around before, I know, 'Tinsel' told me what happened on the roof. She knew you were coming but didn't act on it, it was like she wanted to be stuck here."

The man pondered for a moment as the gentleman spoke some more...

"And the boy, he just went on without her, didn't even tried to save her. He too would have been a great addition to our little engagement, had Tinsel caught him before you tried for the girl.

The huge man who wore the red suit loosened his tie and took a glass and browsed through a selection of whiskey on his left. He took a small bottle and poured himself a drink, licking his lips as small drops of the booze went away from him, caught them by his fingertips and turned his head to face the gentleman. He then offered him a glass but was turned down, he smiled and took his binoculars again as they stared at the open sea.

"For all we know, he could be on his way here."

He dropped the glass, and time seemed to have slowed down as it was shattered as it struck the floor. Yet both men was unmoved by it...

"You want to take care of this one before we move on?"