Chapter 10

Ariana’s POV: 

I saw Liz sitting down with Justin and a blonde guy and after they got up I went over to her. She looked miserable. I asked her what’s wrong and I wasn’t very shocked to hear that her dad beat her up since I knew that he beat up Liz’s mom. She was about to ask me something but the blonde guy and Justin came back. The blonde guy, whose name I learned was Niall, started flirting with me and asked me out on a date. To be honest, he was really cute and I would sure as hell give him a chance to be with me since he looked worth my time. At the end of the school day, I saw Liz at her locker and went over and I told her she could stay at my house. I really loved having her at my house and so did my mom. After I saw Justin coming our way, I left to my house and told my mom that Liz was going to live with us for a while and she was happy since it did get pretty lonely without anyone else around. I told her what happened to Liz of course and I went to pick up Liz at her house but she wasn’t there since she didn’t come out. After about half an hour, she finally showed up and we left to my house. She was a little hesitant to leave Justin and I thought that was cute. I showed Liz her room and went to mine. I started doing my homework and about 40 minutes later I heard my door open and it was Liz. She questioned me about Niall and teased me the she entered my personal bathroom to take a shower. I was putting my stuff away when Liz got out of the shower and I rushed her to go change fast. I texted Niall to ask where he was taking me but he refused to tell me. When I told Liz I didn’t know where he was taking me, she got out of the room. She came back and picked out my dress, shoes, hairstyle and did my make up. I looked fabulous and I thanked her a million times and I truly did love her, she was like a sister to me. We walked downstairs and had a laugh with my mom. When there was a knock at the door, I grew nervous and ran to the bathroom and thank god that I didn’t fall in those high ass heels. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I went out of the bathroom and overheard Niall asking Liz why she was here so I quickly walked over to them to save Liz. She gave me a thankful look and Niall and I left. The car was filled with the sound of music and even though we weren’t talking I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all. We arrived at a fancy looking restaurant and he opened the car door for me and I quickly got out. He locked the car and we entered the restaurant with our hands intertwined. Niall pulled out the chair for me and I sat down and put my clutch on the side of my left thigh as he pushed the chair in. We ordered our food and beverage and he smiled at me brightly as soon as the guy who took our orders left. 

Niall: So why is Liz staying at your house.? – he asked looking at me suspiciously-

Ari: Family problems. – I answered smiling nervously-

Niall: Oh, so how long have you guys been best friends.? – he asked curiously-

Ari: Since first grade. – I said smiling widely-

Niall: Wow, pretty long. – he said looking at my eyes intensely-

Ari: Yeah, so tell me about you. – I said leaning back on my chair-

Niall: I just moved here from Ireland. My dad died five years ago. It’s only my mom and I. I like playing soccer and my hair is not naturally blonde. I don’t have a girlfriend, yet. – he said the last sentence with a wink-

Ari: I’m sorry for your loss. – I said grabbing his hand over the table-

Niall: It’s okay, so tell me about yourself. – he said smiling sadly-

Ari: I was born here. My dad died when I was two years old. My hair is naturally black. I don’t like sports. I don’t have a boyfriend, yet. – I said with a wink and laughed-

Niall: I’m sorry for your loss. – he said smiling sadly-

Ari: It’s alright. – I said and gave him a smile-