Chapter 7

"Well, the good news is that medicine will help. The bad news is that she has mild insomnia, and she'll have to take Melatonin every night to help her sleep better. It's over the counter, so she doesn't need a prescription." She looked over the papers again. "Okay, just to get you guys good to go I'll need to ask some questions. When are your birthdays?"

"I was born October 30th in 1998," Kloey said, "and Artemis was born November 16th in 1998."

"Relation to the patient?"

"Girlfriend."

"Okay, do either of you have any allergies?"

"Just the regular seasonal allergies."

"Full names?"

"I'm Kloey Isabelle Rockson and she's Artemis Ilene Smith."

"Okay, and what states were you two born in?"

"I was born in Colorado and Artemis was born in Florida."

"Current jobs?"

"She's a singer in Black Veil Brides and I'm their on-tour merch girl. I also make and sell jewelry."

"Very impressive. Okay, is she currently on tour?"

"Yes."

"Okay, and are there often evening shows?"

"They can be at anytime, yes."

"Alright. When there are shows at night, have her take the Melatonin when she's going to bed, not before the show. Okay, then, you guys are good. Just sign out and you can be on your way."

Kloey smiled, then shook her hand. "Thank you so much, Dr. Holloway."

When they got back to the bus, Andy came over. "Well?"

"I have mild insomnia, apparently," Artemis answered.

"Rough. You'll be alright?"

"Yup."

"Good, that's good. Well, why don't you go get some rest? We don't have any shows today."

"Yeah...yeah, that sounds good." Artemis yawned, then went to the room in the back of the bus that she and Kloey often shared. She flopped onto the bed, rolling onto her left side. Several hours later, she woke up, and there wasn't any noise coming from the rest of the bus, which was odd because it was rarely ever completely silent. She strained her ears, and just barely heard the T.V. Grabbing her phone off of the bedside table, she texted Kloey: Where are you guys?

They reply came almost immediately: Boys went out 4 drinks. I'm in the living room. Artemis leapt out of bed, pulling her black Vans on and strolling out to the living room. Kloey looked up from the T.V. "Hey. Did you sleep well?"

"Eh, I guess. I didn't wake up, did I?"

"A few times, but you were half asleep and didn't get out of bed. The boys will be back soon, so we've got the T.V. all to ourselves. What do you wanna watch?"

"Well, I'd love to watch a Batman movie, but Andy would be upset if we watched without him, so... let's watch an Avengers movie. Does that sound good?"

"Sounds great to me. How about... Age of Ultron?"

"That's my favorite Avengers movie!"

"Mine too. Now you get comfortable, I'm gonna go make some popcorn."

"Bring me back a Mountain Dew?"

"Sure," Kloey chuckled. She returned with a bowl of buttered popcorn and a pack of Mountain Dews. Artemis gave her a look. "What? Since when have you ever settled for just one can of soda?"

"Since never, I guess." Artemis smiled, grabbing a can and popping the top.

"The movie's starting." Kloey turned out the lights and plugged in the surround sound speakers. She snuggled up next to Artemis, who wrapped an arm around her and covered both of themselves in blankets. A couple hours into the movie, the tour bus door swung open, and the boys stepped in.

"Hey, what's u-"

"Shh! We're watching a movie!"

"I'm not what you are and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me." Onscreen, Vision handed Thor his hammer. "But we need to go." Kloey and Artemis burst out laughing.

The boys, of course, joined them in watching the movie, laughing all along the way. Eventually it got late, and Artemis grabbed the bottle of Melatonin, popping one into her mouth. She soon fell asleep, curled up peacefully on her bunk, the blanket wrapped snugly around her. Kloey opened the curtain a bit to check on her, smiling when she saw that her girlfriend was fast asleep, a ghost of a smile painted her lips. Kloey leaned down, kissing Artemis on her forehead. "Goodnight, babe." She went to her own bunk, falling asleep easily and drifting off into her usual slumber.

When Kloey woke in the morning, she was surprised to find that Artemis was still asleep, the blankets snaking around her body as she slept. "Artemis," she whispered, nudging her gently.

"Mm?" Artemis stretched, then curled up again.

"Babe, wake up," Kloey nudged her again, taking a look at her watch, which read 8:37 AM.

"Why?"

"Because you have a meet and greet at 9:30 and I'm not gonna let you be late!" With that, Kloey yanked the covers off of Artemis, who jumped off of her bunk and landed on both feet. Strolling to the bathroom, she dressed and brushed her teeth before grabbing a Mountain Dew from the fridge.