vii. Dancing our way to love

The next morning, Khushi woke up with the widest smile on her face, instead of her usual morning grumpiness. She was really looking forward to working with Arnav. The last few days had been heavy and she was ready to be over the drama asap.

After having a yummy breakfast, courtesy to her beloved mother, she walked out of her house, ready to get set for her day at work.

She quickly glanced at Arnav's place, just checking if he was still there.

Unfortunately, she couldn't spot his car and sighed knowing that he'd probably left for work.

Nevertheless, she opened the door of her car, hopped in and started her car. After quickly checking her makeup in the rear view mirror, because that's obviously what it was there for, she drove to the office.

The traffic was as per usual and Khushi's patience was slowly slipping away. She just needed to get to the office at this point. Not only did she have loads of work, she also wanted to see her Arnav before that workaholic left for another one of his meetings.

Tackling the traffic, with her average driving skills, Khushi reached Felicity's office. As she saw the huge board that said, "Felicity, it took her back to the night before. If only could scream and tell everyone how special she felt after knowing that the company was actually named after her. But that would make her sound conceited and she didn't want to embarrass Arnav. But she made it a point to subtly brag in the future, because hey? She liked to have her fun.

Khushi stepped out and was welcomed with a rather quite atmosphere. It surprised her, just a little but she didn't have time to ponder over that.

"Khushi, there you are. You really have to start reaching office on time, girl. "

Lavanya said, busy reviewing the list of props for the new show.

"Sorry, again."

"It's okay, as long as you at least reach the office. By the way, a lot of people are out right now for location shoots for a couple of projects. So, I need you to go with Arnav and finalise the sets we discussed yesterday.

Little did Lavanya know, what she had said so nonchalantly would make Khushi gleam like the sun, basically.
Khushi collected herself and tried to push back the thought of spending most of the day with Arnav, as she tried to play it cool.

"Me? Sure, why not? No big deal." Khushi, said awkwardly, screaming from the inside.

"Khushi? Are you alright?" Lavanya looked up at her.

"Yeah of course. Why would you say that?"

Because I'm acting like a nutjob.

Khushi mentally hit herself. She really needed to stop acting like immature middle schooler when it came to Arnav.

"Then what are you still doing here, all giddy?" Go.

Khushi briskly walked out of the office and closed her eyes.

Good job at playing it cool, Khushi.

***

Contrary to what Khushi was expecting, work related stuff with Arnav wasn't turning out to be fun at all.