Feathers

-Tara's P.O.V-

When I got out from the prison, her words were still running inside my head.

She said she buried her evil mask.What about me?

What have I buried?

Memories were flashing in her eyes vividly, even the darkness couldn't stop that lights of her.Those memories were all she had, those memories were all that ruined her.But still, she never wanted to erase those memories, let alone disclose it.

She didn't want to talk about that.Why would she? I was nothing but a stranger, nothing more than a stranger.

I kept walking towards the road to get in my car.I need to go back to my home where I could bury myself inside the curtain, feel the wind from the top of the building.Where I could stay alone, starting again to make me understand what I was doing here all the time.

I pulled the accelerator like crazy when the rain started.The radio kept buzzing with vintage songs that I never used to like.But today, those melodies were gently reaching inside my heads.I could feel all the words inside his voices.He was not talking to me, I wasn't.

"Let's make you drive to the woods", the wind whispered though I kept the windows closed.

"The city never had woods", I replied.

"The ocean?", the wind kept singing.

"I prefer rain", I replied.

"Ocean better", the stubborn wind liked the idea.

"I don't like the way the ocean screams", I said, the radio started to play a new song.

"I don't like the way the rain falls.I only like to dance, dance and kept dancing", the pervert wind blew again.

I reached home soon enough the rain started to blow faster.I guessed a storm would hit so soon here.Who knows which train would stop in the middle today again where Telsa will lose himself, waiting to find his inner peace inside the train.....Maybe or may never be.....

But the thing I didn't know, was a bigger storm was waiting outside my apartment.When I saw him sitting on the stairs, I got a weird feeling that the time has come......To face the storm I was always hiding inside.

"What's going on?", he asked me, with that same calm smile.

"What do you want?", I asked like a hurricane to avoid his questions again.

"Daniel called me yesterday..."

"I have to work, gotta go", I opened the door lock to get in.

"Tara?", he called me behind with a cold tone.I heard them before, long before.

"You don't need to worry.You want money, you will have it", I closed the door right in front of his face, not even looking at him.

The rain was still pouring.He didn't leave, I guess.I felt an empty air in my throat, hoping that he won't ring the bell again.

My phone rang when I leaned on the balcony to move the curtain to flow.It was Steve, I knew.

"Hey", I said, picking up the call.

"How was the interview?", Steve asked.

"The lady roasted me somehow", I answered only hoping that he would laugh out.

He did.He finally did.

"She might want to have a fun time with you.By the way, Are you sure this boy is going to stay with me in my entire life?", he asked, in a weird way.

"Only if you insist me that badly", I laughed out.

"So, the next time you will have an interview with me in prison, I guess", he snooped.

"What had he done with you?"

"He just acts like a cat, behaves like my mom, talks like a zombie", he whispered as if someone were there.

"And yesterday, he literally had a romantic convo with me.", he coughed.

I laughed.

"can you come here and tell him not to quote me again?", he said.

"Why can't you tell him by yourself?", I asked.

"That's a case, I guess.You need to come before we become best friends, please.", he laughed again.

"I can't.Someone is outside my house.", I said, firmly.

"Are you watching Insidious or something?", he voiced.

"Someone is outside.", I answered again.

"And it is?"

"He will be here until the rain stops", I said.

"And he is?", his voice seemed concerned.

I hesitated for a while.

"My father", I replied and cut off the line.

Sometimes life got us lost inside an empty house.We kept searching for the doors, from one room to another.Sometimes we stopped breathing to hear the sound of the silence of that empty houses.Days passed by and nights reach one day in that house.All we did was to search for a candle.Didn't we? We closed our eyes to adjust them to the darkness.We had to search for the candles, then some fires.Then we would have to count the times when the lights will disappear.Sometimes the thunder may have hit from the skies and we got stirred.The storm reached by.All we did is to wait for the storm to stop.All we did is to count times for the candles.

There was no rain here inside the house but we could feel it.No wind reached us but we heard it.Times after, when the candles disappeared, we may have fallen asleep or not or maybe we have just trying to be getting used to the darkness hoping the night is almost here.Just some moments and it will be over.

Then one day, we find the door.It is too late, but we find the door.We have so many scars all over our body, you see? We had to cross the broken stirs, broken glasses and all of these.We never had the keys, so we had to break the door.We had to get out of here.

But all we forgot was to open the windows.......

We could reach the rooftop, dance in the rain alone but see, we were too busy to search for the door....

I sighed.The rain was almost over now.I guess the man had left now....