Chapter 6

ZACH

I turn the page of my book, sipping on my coffee. I glance up occasionally to look at the curly-haired boy who got my attention. He made a whole scene throwing some kind of tantrum.

Now as I make subtle glances at him I see he has calmed down now. I kinda think it's funny how he got mad over a simple little thing. I don't know what the thing was, but the way his face turned red from anger, I couldn't help but smile. I think I'm psychotic for  liking someone who gets all worked up.

But I also notice that he makes glances at me and smiles. A genuine smile and he's definitely obvious about it not even tryna to hide it. My face heats up as I try to ignore it by propping my hand up over my face trying to concentrate on my book.

Every so often I would look through my fingers back at his table but I realize the boy that sits in front of him, is a certain blonde. Any friend of Corbyn would most likely tease me. My thoughts ponder about the boy, I mean he's kinda cute but I'm thinking to far ahead.

I guess I should just go home and focus maybe read there. As I finish the last paragraph on the last page, I see the curly hair boy get up and walk in my direction. Oh shit.

I start to panic and shut the book. Maybe he's just going to the bathroom? It's behind me or maybe he's walking toward me. I don't know so as he gets a few feet away, I stood up but didn't move.

"Hey," his deep voice said as he look at me with gleaming eyes. That made my heart flutter a little. I shouldn't be easily affected but I am.

But like the awkward idiot I looked around making sure he was talking to me. But the only people in sight was a girl laughing at something her friend said. Oh my god he's actually talking to me.

"Hi," my voice squealed a little which made him chuckle. I instantly sat back down and mentally face palmed myself sounding desperate.

He sat down too, in the chair in front of me but I couldn't look at his face, knowing I would embarrass myself even more. So I did the first thing I think of and open my book to read. I can just ignore him and everything will be ok.

"Are you gay?" He asks after a moment of silence. My face turning red even more and I finally looked up at him a little wide-eyed at how blunt he said that.

But oh shit I shouldn't of have done that. His dark brown eyes stared at me curiously as his smile seem to complement his facial features.

I think I'm in love.

Haha you funny brain.

Yeah I know.

These were the thoughts that Zach pondered.

"I hope that's not the first thing you ask everyone. And if you just need to know I'm bi." I casually reply but on the inside my heart is trying to beat its way out of my chest.

"You're funny." He chuckles. Funny? I didn't think anything I said was funny.

"Oh and I'm as straight as my hair by the way." He said with the straightest face ever.

I snorted out laughing which caused him to laugh too.

"I'm Zach by the way," I brought up changing the subject.

"I'm Jack but your names not Zach." The amusement was present in his eyes.

"What?" I honestly was confused by his statement.

"You're cute. Lover Boy." He giggled putting emphasis on the nickname. Oh my god my heart melted at the little giggle as it replayed in my head.

"So Lover Boy is my name?" I smile looking down at my propped up shoulders.

"So I'm told." He teases brings his face closer to mine as he leans on the table.

"You're one to judge for someone to have curly hair that's obviously fake," I sassily say nervously lacing some of my fingers in his hair.

"Please don't touch my hair," he snaps, instantly grabbing my wrist, pulling it away from his hair. His jaw clenched as he closed his eyes looking like he was trying to calm hisself.

"Sorry," I whisper staring at him, nervously biting my lip. I can't believe I already did something wrong.

"One, two, three," he mumbles quietly his eyes still closed but it scares me when he starts nervously laughing.

"So we should like hangout." He exclaims changing the subject. His whole facade changing.

I arch an eyebrow at him. Is he bipolar? I want to ask but I don't. I just ignore it not trying to be rude.

"Like a date," I tease. Good job Zach. That was some great flirting game.

"No?" He says it like a question.

"So like a date." I confirm my smile grows bigger. Don't get your hopes up, Zach.

"Yes," Jack sighs looking down, biting his lip.

Awkward silence. I've never really been asked on a date. Do I say yes? Do I say no? Do I tell him I'm looking for the one. Let's be real, love is hard.

"I wanna make this interesting," I say gaining an idea.

"Yeah." He wants me to continue as his posture straightens as if he's waiting for anticipation.

"Tomorrow you come find me. If you find me, I'll give you my number." I smile brightly.

He gets a confused look on his face and I start to frown because he probably doesn't understand what I'm trying to say. But then he smirks.

"Of course. See you tomorrow." He winks getting up from his seat but grabs my hand to kiss it. My eyes stare at him, following his every move, as my heart flutters again.

Well see if he really wants this date.