Chapter 12

ZACH

"Do I have to go," I complained as Jack was literally trying to drag me out of my apartment. Dragging me across the floor as I refused to get up. I'm surprised he hasn't jerked my arm out of socket by now.

"Yes, Zach. It's just a party, live a little." Jack laughed trying to reassure me. But I wasn't falling for none of that bullshit.

"No I refuse to. I was literally going to sleep until you came and try to take me against my will." I hissed as I jerked my arm away from him. Then try to get up and make a run to my room. Haha bye bye bitch. Maybe next time.

But of course Jack grabbed me by my waist. "You know what, that's it," Jack declared as he lugged over his back so I face his backside. Nice ass. but that's not the point I had a date with my bed. I started to jerk and hit my way out of his arms but he just kept walking.

"You put me down asshole." I felt blood rush to my head as he said nothing in reply. "Bye sweet bed, I'll miss you," I pretended to reach for my bedroom as it was out of reach.

"I hate you," I grumbled as I finally gave up and let him carry me wherever.

"No you don't, Lover Boy."

***

"Zach you wanna dance?" Jack asked but I just sat on a couch, arms crossed pissed at him. He took me to a party which turned out to be at Corbyn's house. Which I didn't like because he looked so hot and his wife was hanging off his arm like a leech. Plus I get really awkward around them. And people in general.

To make things worst the house was huge and the music was extremely loud. It was so annoying to hear too because the music was terrible. Then on top of that was all the drunk people running around like immature adults.

"Fine Zach, be that way." Jack shrugged but then added, "You know what I'll get you a drink." He smirked playfully punching my shoulder. I just glared at him.

"Oh babe," I heard someone moan and looked over beside me to see a blond girl and a brunette boy making out.

"Pft get a room," I grumbled arms crossed trying to edge away from them basically almost falling off the couch.

"Oh my god I'm sorry Zach," I hear a soft voice say turning to see Ashley. The blond girl. Then I also see the boy turning out to be Daniel. My boss. I'm so fucking uncomfortable.

"Oh hey," I slightly wave trying to look away and trying to cover up any embarrassment.

After a moment of awkward silence and Ashley shifting out of Daniel's lap. "So you enjoying the party?" Dani asks.

"Yeah totally enjoying the party. I just love seeing my boss makeout with his wife," I sarcastically replied.

"Yeah I'm sorry, you had to see that." Daniel frown making me chuckle and roll my eyes.

"You really don't want to be here do you?"Ashely giggles.

"Why do u say that?"

"You're wearing sweats and a sweatshirt. Plus the look on your face is literally telling everyone to fuck off."

"Oh." I look down at myself seeing what I'm wearing and realize I didn't have time to change because Jack practically forced me here.

"Zach I got you a drink," Jack smiles at me handing it to me. I rolled my eyes at him but took the drink. But then I remember I'm pissed at him, so I threw it at him.

Watching it spill all over him, nothing stopped in time but it looked like something ticked inside Jack. People were still partying, but looking around I saw Dani and Ashley both stunned. I felt scared in that moment watching Jack's jaw tighten and his face light up red in anger. His fists clenched and he began the counting.

"One. Two. Three.." I couldn't sit here and watch this. So I got up and try to maneuver around him not trying to face his wrath but within seconds I got slammed into a wall.

I looked at Jack in fear as he was inches away from me. "You aren't thankful, you piece of shit. I've try to be calm but no you don't deserve that. You fucking bitch."

That's when I felt a sharp pain as I turned my head sideways. He slapped me but then the pain kept reoccurring. He kept hitting me until I slide down the wall cowering in fear. But to make it worst he started to use fists.

The tears rolled down my eyes as I shut them as I didn't want to see Jack beating me. I just kept getting seeing the way he looked at me before he started hitting me, replaying in my head. I still felt like I couldn't move, I felt blood trickle down my face and pain elsewhere. I couldn't fight back because he was just too much. Honestly I thought he would beat me till pass out.

"Jack. Stop it. Stop it now Jack." Someone spoke. I felt the hitting stop. I just laid numb afraid to open my eyes.

"Jack calm down. Calm down. count your numbers again." I heard another voice say.

"Zach. Zach are you ok?" Someone shook me.

"Do you think we should call 911?"

"No. don't. It ain't that bad."I weakly spoke. Opening my eyes I saw the concern faces of Daniel and Corbyn by my side.

I slowly sat up and looked around. The party had stopped and it felt as if all eyes were on me. I didn't know how I looked but I assume it was bad. I also saw Jack not too far away with an unfamiliar face. A talk brunette boy kissing his check and speaking in his ear.

In that moment I hated the fact that Jack did this. I feel broken and I thought I should hate Jack. But why did I feel a pang of jealousy when I saw that man kiss his check?