Chapter 1: THE ONE WITH THE SECRET

THE ONE WITH THE SECRET

When I was twenty-three, my life changed forever. Twenty months after, I can still remember everything clearly as if it were unfolding right before my very eyes. My hollywood dream came true and it still is. And it's not just that, I also met the love of my life. It's all too good to be true. Sometimes I feel like this is all a dream and I would wake up realizing that I just imagined everything. Oh please no. I kept my eyes shut. Oh God. What if it's all just a dream?

Don't be stupid Alex. You're not delusional. I'm an actress and maybe I sometimes get carried away with my character but I still know what's real and what's not. Yep, all the good things really happened and I'm very lucky.

I opened my eyes and blinked at the early morning sun. Then I felt someone stirred beside me. I watched the figure sleeping. He looks so handsome even in deep slumber. His lips look so soft I can feel butterflies in my stomach knowing how wonderful it felt like to kiss him. I sighed, reminiscing how it all began. Ours was a boring story. It was a story of two friends falling in love. What's so exciting about that? He watched me embarrass myself countless times, saw me drool in my sleep, heard me snort at senseless jokes and kept up with my crazy rants. He's my best friend. But maybe that's what makes it great. No pretending whatsoever, no coverups, just a genuine relationship, plain and simple.

We met at an audition for the film we starred in called The Olympians. We played the lead roles and we had an amazing connection. Everyone on set noticed that. I couldn't actually believe it myself that such a connection exists. I don't know how to describe it but I will try. Have you ever had that encounter with someone you just met and you immediately felt comfortable being with him? You couldn't care less of what he'll think about you so you just go ahead and be your silly self. You see, I'm a reserved person and I like my privacy, but with him, he didn't need to prove himself to me. I just opened myself up and trusted him. My dreams, my secrets, things I hate and love, things I don't usually open to people I've just met, I told him openly. And from then on, we became very good friends. Something that I treasure with my life.

We had small fights mainly because I was trying so hard to keep my feelings for him. At that time, I was honest to him with everything except for that tiny little detail. I knew that I love him as more than a friend but I was an idiot being bothered so much of what people might think about us. You see, I'm six years older than he is. And I know how much people make such a big deal if something is out of the norms. After a bit of a drama, I finally realized what I really want and thankfully, he felt the same. So here we are.

Logan inhaled deeply and I knew he was awake. I turned to look at him and I found myself staring at his beautiful blue eyes. "Hey."

He smiled and moved closer to me. "Hi. You're up early." He commented. We kiss once. It is a soft, closed-mouth kiss, our lips barely touching. There is no connotation of lust or sex or passion.

I giggled and moved an inch away. "I may have an overly intense case of bad breath." I say covering my mouth. He smiled his cute boyish smile. "Me too," he answers, covering his mouth with the sheets. "Come here." He puts his arms around me, his lips close to my ear, my back against him. We cuddle for a few minutes and I settled comfortably.

"Logan?"

"Hmmm?"

"Have you ever thought of how this would affect our career?"

"Mmm yeah? People will make a fuss about it sure but they'll get over it." He started to give soft kisses on my neck.

"You don't mind?"

"Should I?"

I sighed. "Why not?"

"When I signed up for this kind of work, I know that I'd be dealing with a lot of controversies," he explained.