Ch. 1: festival partners..?

Natsuki's Pov

"I hate Yuri, that dummy! She always uses big words and can't make her poems simple! Hmph!" I whine to MC (Let's Call Him Jack).

"Well I think she's deep, meaningful, needs love and just needs someone to be there for her." Jack tells me.

"JACK! YOU DUMMY!!!! DO YOU LIKE YURI!!!!"

"Eh!!! No!!! I love Monika!!!!!"

"YOU BAKA SHE'S WITH SAYORI!!!! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SPLITTING THEM APART!!!" I scream, face turning red. Monika runs over to me.

"Nat, honey, if he tried I would beat his ass. Okay?" She comforts me in a soft, gentle voice.

"You sure?" I say into her shoulder as she hugs me.

"Yes, I am sure."

"I wish I had a girlfriend like you Mon!"

"You will find one and she might be closer than you think.~" Monika walks away, leaving me to wonder.

"Who do you think she's talking about?" Jack asks.

"I. I. I... uh... don't know." I say confused. Ew, Yuri walks over to me, holding a manga that I've never seen before?

"Natsuki, I know we don't agree but I just wanted to give you this manga, I think you might like it, it's called Kim Reaper it's cute and kinda dark at the same time." Yuri say calm and collected.

"Kim Reaper???? Who's that?"

"A human named Kim who is a part time grim reaper who meets a girl from her art class and they end up hitting it off."

"Gimmeeeeeee"

"Say the word~" Yuri teases me.

"Gimme pwease" I say cutely as she hands the manga to me.

"Oh, hey Jack." Yuri says in a low tone.

"Hey Yuri! So how ya been?" Jack reply's with joy.

"I'm okay. Been thinking about a girl I like. Her pink eyes shimmer in the sun, the way she moves her hips when she's upset, the way she pouts, and the way she uses her simple minded words.~" Yuri says looking like a love sick puppy, "Eh I've said to much!" She looks down twirling her hair between her fingers.

"Yuri it's fine." Jack reassures her.

"Everyone gather 'round! Time to assign partners for then festival next week!~" Monika calls out to us. We walk over to our desks and sit on top of them. "I of course will be with Sayori, and Jack will be with Yuri and Natsuki, oh, and Jack, make sure they Natsuki doesn't kill Yuri please!" She says with an overwhelming smile as her face tints red as Sayori giggles and blows a kiss too her.

"But Mon! Do I have to be in the same group as that purple haired freak!" I yell out automatically regretting it. Yuri turns and looks at me,

"If that's how you feel then no, you can work with Jack, I just thought we could have gotten closer Natsuki..." Yuri says tearing up, as she runs out of the room. Everyone looks at me like I just murdered everyone in the school.

"Yuri!!!!!" Monika yells as she runs after her. I feel bad, I didn't mean it.....

"Monika wait up!!!! My short legs can't keep up with you and I need to fix this!!!" I run after Monika and Yuri pushing Jack out of my way making him fall to the ground. I run my ribbons falling to the ground along with my clip, but I don't care, I didn't mean it, I really didn't.... I start to tear up and bump into Monika.

"Natsuki you check the girls bathroom while I check the library then the piano room with Sayori. Okay? Okay." She runs off to the library, while I book it to the bathroom.

"Yuri??? Yuri???" I yell out crying as I enter the bathroom.

"*sniffle* What do you want.... *sniffle*" I hear the teary girl say quietly.

"Which stall are you in???" I say slowly and tiredly.

"The *sniffle* second one." I walk over to the one with a big #2 on it.

"Is it okay if I open it...?" As I ask that Yuri opens up the stall door and I find her kneeling on the ground, her body formed into the number two, a puddle of blood around her, and a toilet stuffed to the rim with toilet paper balls. She lifts her head up slowly, face red, eyes puffy and bloodshot, arms bloody, with her lips piecing it all together. "Y-Yuri!?!?! Why!!!!" I scream out falling onto the ground.

"It's.... just what I do.... the club is all I got.... even if my crush is in there and doesn't notice me.... she keeps me going at time like these.... but today.... I have never heard her say anything like what she said to me to anyone...."

"Your crush must be a big dummy then; Yuri, you're an amazing writer even though I may not understand it all. You shared a new manga with me, you help so many people whenever you can. You have Monika, Sayori, and me. Jack too! Just not in this situation... he can't come in and comfort you... not like I can." I say softly smiling while looking into her beautiful eyes. She hugs me.

I'm exhausted after all that, I was so worried. I start drifting off, so I reposition myself to lay my head onto Yuri's bloody lap.

Yuri's POV

Natsuki lays her head on my lap and falls asleep. I pick her up and kiss her forehead, I start walking back to the literature club. I stop when I see something small and red on the ground. I lay Natsuki down on the ground and pick it up. It's Natsuki's hair clip and her two ribbons, they must have fell out when she went after me. I put them into my pocket and head back over to Natsuki. I pick the up and enter the club. I lay her on the couch in the club room.

"So she fell asleep???" Sayori yells in astonishment. Like she didn't know anyone else but her slept.

"Shush!" I say quietly not wanting to wake up the cute little tsundere.

"Yuri, can you wake her up it's time to pack up and she has a whole bunch of manga's all over the place." Monika says glaring at the smoll bean.

"I'll clean them up for her, she needs her rest." I go over and put them into her bag when I notice her phone is going off nonstop. It's her dad?

Natsuki get home this minute! I need more beer!

Is the latest text.... is her dad abusive? I look over to her and see light bruises all over her legs, neck, and her cheeks. I'll take her home with me tonight. I put our backpacks on awkwardly, mine on my right arm while hers is on the left, I pick her up in my arms. I run out of the school with her in my arms and go to my car. I unlock it and place her in the back seat. I then get into the front and turn my car on. I slowly drive home wondering if I am doing the right thing.