Chapter 4: 'Notte In Bianco'

Chapter 4 – ‘Notte in bianco’

(In Italian, Notte in Bianco means sleepless night or in this occasion a night sans sex.)

A few weeks had passed since that faithful night and Laurence and I weren’t on the best terms. Thank God he had stopped bugging me about Allegra, however, I knew better. He wasn’t convinced. And the fact that I didn’t see her since that night was getting to me. I dreamed about her almost every night. I was obsessed. My days were spent daydreaming or thinking about her, what she might have been doing, and the nights were spent either awake trying to get some sleep, or dreaming about her and waking up sexually frustrated more than ever.

And the worst thing was that I tried to get it on with other girls but it just wasn’t….I just couldn’t feel any attraction for them, and even if I got carried away, my…I….I think you got it, right?

It was quite embarrassing, you know? A woman willing and ready….and I couldn’t get to…well, whatever.

“Hey, bro.” Kirsten said after getting in the penthouse. “Wanna go out tonight?” she asked grinning.

“Not really, no.”

“Come on. You’ve been sulking for weeks. Stop being an emo and go out. I’m hanging out with a few friends tonight at this club. My mentor is gonna be there, so you can meet her!” she tried to cheer me up.

“I don’t feel like going out, Kirsten.” I argued.

“Why are you being like this? What’s wrong?” she looked at me, worried.

“I don’t know.” I simply stated “You know what? I’m coming with you.” I said just to make her happy. I really didn’t want to go out and meet up with her friends, but I wanted to get her out of my case.

She smiled big and sat next to me on the couch. I put her head on my shoulder and I stroked her hair.

“When do we have to leave?”

“In 5 hours.” She said calmly.

“Okay.” I sighed. It was going to be a long night.

5 hours and 30 minutes later I found myself standing with my sister at the entrance of this new club. I don’t know if it really could be considered a club, it was more of a lounge bar with a dance floor. The atmosphere, even at the entrance, was sophisticated and chic, meaning that not everyone could go in.

“I just texted Al. She put us on the list, so we won’t have any problem getting in the VIP area.” My sister told me while we were in line to get in. “We wouldn’t have all this problems if you would go out more.” She huffed.

I rolled my eyes “Whatever, Kirsten.”

A few minutes later we were being led by a guard in the club. We followed him upstairs where only the elite could go.

Finally we reached our destination and my sister ran away from me and hugged someone.

“Where are the others?” she asked that person.

“They are coming now. I invited a few friends of mine…do you mind?” she said.

I couldn’t believe it. It couldn’t be her.

“Allegra?” I tentatively asked while getting closer to my sister and the stranger.

“Fitzwilliam?” she pulled away from the hug she was sharing with my sister and looked as shocked as I was.

“Well…you already know each other, then.” Kirsten said smiling big.

“Yeah…we do know each other.” She said. It was clear she was feeling uncomfortable as I was.