Chapter 6: Out of the Dark

Almost a month passed from Rogue's recruitment, and the X-Men were still as strong as they could. There were still rough parts to shape up if the youngsters wanted to be a team, but of course nothing good would come without sacrifice.

The six members of the team moved forward, Scott, Kitty and Rogue running, Kurt teleporting, and Jean and Gohan hovering on the air. Having as much pairs of eyes as possible was the best strategy to achieve the victory. And that's what Scott wanted. To prove the others he was the winning leader!

"Alright, circle around and attack!" Cyclops ordered, when a booming noise came from behind him, alerting them. Everyone spun around to see the paint ball machines, ready to fire at them. There were nearly twenty of them.

Cyclops started to shoot his optic red blasts, pushing the machines back. But that as the most. Wolverine had again improved the machines' resistance so the kids wouldn't have it so easy when it come to beat them. Jean created a telepathic force field around her, holding the paint bullets with ease. Kurt teleported upside one of the machines with Kitty. Shadowcat phased through it, the machine going short circuited.

Rogue, however, was the one in trouble. For not having a permanent active power like Cyclops, the absorbing mutant was defenseless against the machines. Only her fast reflexes and agility were getting her out of the bullets' path. Gohan though, had his eye on each of them, easily dodging the machines' artillery. His energy sensing allowed him to keep tract of his fellow teammates, something quite useful in the middle of a fight. In a blur he flew to Rogue, grabbing her by the scruff of her clothes, lifting her with no trouble, out of the incoming bullets. He replaced her on the ground, without any scratch. Except though, for the one on her pride.

"Thanks" she mumbled, so only Gohan could hear it. The half Saiyan smiled.

"Not yet Rogue" He said, leaning his hand forward. The mutant girl looked to him, eyes wide opened. as He was actually offering his energy?

Taking her glove off, Rogue touched Gohan's hand. It was just for a second, but the amount of power transmitted to her was staggering her senses. Her hands shone with blue light, as an energy came from her insides. Her own energy, emited to the outside. Gohan balanced himself on his heels for a moment, before his senses were restablished.

Both fellow members nodded to each other, flying up to the sky. Gohan wasn't tired at all. Like if the energy she had absorbed was not even five percent of his powers. Rogue flew with him, but her ki control wasn't the best. But she catched up in no time.

Both warriors fisted the machines with superhuman strength and speed, that no other member could follow. After minutes or seconds, the machines' debris fell to the ground. Rogue panted, as the absorbed powers left her. It was just amazing what Gohan could do, and what he was always holding back.

"Training Session is over. Report to the Panic Room" The voice of Professor Xavier came through the Bullhorn.

"Great job Gohan" Jean said, moving forward to him. His other friends smiled to him too, even Rogue, who wasn't exactly the one to ever smile.

"Yeah, thanks a lot Gohan" Scott scowled to him. The tone took the Saiyan by surprise.

"Are you accusing me of something?" Gohan fought back. The fact was, Scott had paid no attention to Rogue. Wether it was intentional or not, he didn't care. No team member could be left behind.

"You just wait" Scott said overconfident, taking everyone back. Even Wolverine and Storm, who were still overlooking the training field.

The Mutants arrived in the Panic Room, with Professor Xavier standing, or sitting better, waiting for them.