Chapter 5: Get on the Rouge!

A few days later, Kitty, Kurt and Gohan moved out of the dinner table in the X-Mansion talking to one another. And they weren't just discussing the weather forecast for tomorrow.

"So, you're a half human alien, who came from another dimension" Kitty stated, trying to gather all the information she had found out about her new friend.

"You had a monkey tail and can change your hair to blonde at will" Kurt continued where his friend left. It would sound like a lot of information to take in but Kitty and Kurt weren't going to put their friendship with Gohan in jeopardy, just for something like that.

"Yeah, that's me, Gohan" the half Saiyan said smiling. His life had been odd but he wouldn't change it at this point or any other.

"It doesn't change anything to me" Kitty said very determined, looking straight to his black eyes. "And wouldn't care if you came, like from a distant planet called Oa. You are my friend. Nothing will change that"

"Neither will I. You were the first friend I had Gohan and friends always stay by each other' side" Kurt now talked. The demi Saiyan looked to them and to how easily they had accepted him.

"Thank you. Both of you guys" Gohan smiled to both of them. Kurt smiled back. But Kitty was bolder. Her hand moved into Gohan's own. The reassuring gesture took Goku's son off completely guard but he still welcomed it.

"Can all of you gather in the Blackbird? A new mutant has appeared" Professor mental call took them out.

"So much for a weekend" Kitty said with a growl of protest. But it was her first mission so the brunette was trying to hdie her excitement.

Kurt ported the three into the hangar.

A few minutes later all the X-Men, from Cyclops to Wolverine were inside the X-Jet, flying over the night sky. They were all with their X-uniforms, not counting Gohan, who had his typical purple Gi and white paddler.

Storm was flying the Blackbird now with Professor sitting next to her. Behind them followed Scott and Jean and behind Kurt and Kitty. And to add some spice to the recipe, Gohan was next to Logan. Many on that situation would kill themselves by the bad luck. But on this day the one wanting suicide would be Wolverine, if there could be a way to kill him. Normally the Canadian mutant enjoyed giving the cold shoulder to anyone. But giving it to someone who enjoyed it, now that was unusual. Especially because Gohan learnt patience with a Namekian teacher that used to be just like Logan or even grumpier than him.

"Where are you taking us Chuck?" Wolverine finally asked, tired of being the one given the cold shoulder. His own technique had backfired.

"To a very serious mission Logan" Charles answered "A new mutant was detected this morning and her powers are rather unique"

"What kind of unique, Professor. Good or bad?" Scott asked very interested.

"It depends of your perspective, Scott" Professor explained "She can absorb memories and life energy from those she physically comes in contact with. And in mutant case, their powers for a brief period of time"

Gohan remember that power. Absorption. The Androids Nineteen and Twenty made sure of using that one and harm his friends. But in good hands, it could come handy. But the Professor's tone indicated something else.

"But she can't control it, right?" Gohan chimed in now.

"You are right Gohan, she can't" Charles said towards Gohan with a firm nod "A simple touch in the hand of a boy and he black-outed. It's unclear if he is waking up any time soon. The girl's name is Rogue, or that's how she goes by"