Chapter 1

Carter's POV:

I stared back at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, waiting, fearfully, for him to come. I wasn't at all excited to see him. You see, my dad is abusive. Since my mom died in childbirth, I'm the one to blame, apparently. And what makes it even worse, he's become a drunk. He, basically, beats me everyday. He won't even let me out of the house, let alone school. So, I have no friends. I plan to escape. Today.

A door slam jolts me out of my thoughts. "CARTER!", he slurs. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR ROOM!" Oh. Shit.

I ran to my door and fumbled with the lock until I heard the satisfying 'click'. My eyes swept over the room, searching for my backpack, as I heard him stomping up the stairs.

"FUCK!", he exclaims, as he tries to open the door."CARTER! UNLOCK YOUR DOOR!"

I ran around the room, packing a change of clothes and money I stole from Jeff, my dad.

He was beating on the door, trying to knock it down. I sprinted to my window, throwing it open, just as the door busted open.

I stopped, mid-climb, half-way out the window. He growled and lunged towards me.

I acted fast, grabbing the lamp beside me and ramming it at his head.

He collapsed in front of me, knocked out.

I knew I only had moments before he came to, so I quickly grasped my bag, slinging it out the window, and jumped after it. The ground rushed towards me.

The impact hit me like a ton of bricks. Pain snaked up my ankles as my vision blurred red. I ignored the pain and grabbed my bag, running towards the street. I didn't exactly know where I was going.

I just ran.

A/N: HAI GUYZ!! This is my first story so don't judge!!

2 comments till next update!! :D