Chapter Three

The Sky Palace was now in sight, its massive spires scraping the clouds. It gave off an air of homeliness, and yet under, all of the terror and despair from the horrid rule of Scarlet remained. Ruby had done many good things to it, and yet the bloodshed that occurred here could not be forgotten. Dusk shivered as she neared it. She hadn't even been alive during the rule of Scarlet.
Carob, however, was looping in the sky for joy, probably because he had FINALLY gotten here. Two days! SkyWings could fly faster than him, so his brothers would be safe very soon. Dusk was happy for him.
   They dove down to the large double doors. Two burly SkyWing guards stood guard. One asked in a deep, monotonous tone, "Please state your business in the Sky Palace and your identity."
   Dawnshreader answered. "We are here because this poor dragonet almost lost his siblings in a dragonflame cactus attack. They are mortally wounded, and need urgently your doctor's assistance. Your doctors can heal severe burns, correct? And,", She gestured and Haze and Light, "these two were lost. But here they are!"
   Neither of the guards elicited much of a reaction. They moved aside and pulled open the doors. Then one of them rumbled to Haze and Light, "Dismissed." Haze then said, "I'm actually going to come with them. I train in the hospital, and that's what they're her for, sooo... yeah." Light just shook his head slowly and took flight. He vanished around a giant spires.
   The plain, yet regal hallways stretched before the dragons. The walls were etched with flowing lines from Queen Scarlet's rule, when the palace had been encrusted with gold veins. Good Queen Ruby had used all of the wealth to construct her massive hospital.
   Another guard met with them after they had entered and led them through the maze of hallways to the massive arena. Covered with dragons blackened from fire, bloody from slashes, and with limbs bending at unnatural angles, this gigantic circular sand-floored building had once housed jeering audiences who, captivated by the fights happening in the center, all were loyal to Scarlet, the queen back then. Dusk shivered slightly. She was glad those times had been vanquished for Queen Ruby.
   They bustled through the injured dragons, peering at the mysterious injuries. Dusk had to think for a second when she noticed a MudWing who had icy blue scales in a patch on his neck, with icicles and thin ice still straggling on (she then realized that the only explanation could be that he had been a victim of Frostbreath).
They finally came to the other end, and again turned this way and that through the tunnels. At last they came to a room where some dragons sat around, chatting, reading scrolls. The guard shoulder his way to the corner, where a thin SkyWing sat with a group of about five other SkyWings.
"Hey, Doc. Get your groupies and go heal this dragon's siblings." He gestured at Carob."In the Mud Kingdom, you've been there. He'll lead you there. Go.", One of the guards said. The six dragons in front of them all stood. "Sure, captain.", The lead one said.
   When the guard left, the lead SkyWing muttered with his associates, then turned to Carob. "We know the way to the Mud Kingdom. We can get there faster than you, and we, if we brought you along, would just weigh us down. Tell us what happened and where your sibs are so we can get there. You can fly back on your own. But first order of business, we need details. Tell us everything."
   Carob shrunk back a little at the 'flying home alone', part, but boldly attempted to rise back up. "I can do that.", He said with a little too much bravado. He proceeded to inform the guards of past events. Dusk and Haze occasionally noted or corrected details (No, there were

HOLD ON! Sorry, IDK why this published. I've been lacking SOOO much! SOOOOOOOO sorry!