Prologue

2nd person POV

You were walking down the street, the sun shining brightly felt satisfying on your soft skin. You wanted to surprise your best friend, Shouto, at his house. It was summer, so no school, and fun with your friends! Well... friend.

You were only a little kid, but your house was pretty close to his so your parents let you go by yourself. You got him a small present without the knowledge of his dad, who you knew that he didn't have a close relationship with. He was always happy to see you, and you were happy to see him.

You heard something had happened to his mother and it made you really worried.
You knocked on the front door and his older brother answered, you blushed.
"F/n? It's nice to see you, come in... Shouto is in his room, he'll be happy to see you."
You nodded and looked down at your feet, coming in slowly. You had a crush on Shouto's older brother pretty much since you first saw him. You tried not say anything because you were seven and he was eleven... Plus he probably had a girlfriend... You shook it off and began to jog to your best friend.

It wasn't long before you navigated your way through the corridors to your friends room, which you had pretty much mapped out in your head. Going to his room became habit, so even if your destination was different, you always found yourself in front of his room when you came to see him.

"Shouto? Can I come in?"
No answer.
"Shouto?"
No answer.
"Shouto?!"
You opened the door and he looked up at you as if he was just shaken out of some trance. You ran up to him, after standing by the door, frozen with worry for a few seconds.

Your arms wrapped around him tightly, squeezing his cold figure to your much warmer one. He whispered your name with a hint of surprise, and his face lit up a little when he had processed who had just come to see him into his lonely room.

"I missed you..." He said smiling.
You gave a bigger smile than the one painted on your features before, and took his hand, "do you want to play outside?" You asked trying to brighten the mood. He nodded and let himself be dragged by you. His bandaged face worried you, and you predicted it had something to do with his mother. Although you didn't want to upset him, so you tried to shrug it off and concentrate more on having fun and distracting him for a bit.

You thought walking him outside could do the trick, the fresh air and pleasantly warm sun would surely boost his mood! You walked with purpose, but came to a halt quickly after you heard faint, angry yells coming from outside.

His older brother was outside shouting at his father, who just about stopped himself from slapping him. His father then stormed off. But not before leaving a slight burn on the fragile skin of his wrist. You hid behind the door, making sure that Shouto was behind you, squeezing his hand tightly. You were the only one who saw the scene and you felt scared. Shouto was confused and walked out, looking at his brother who was now the only person outside.

"Do you not like my brother?" He asked sadly.
You whipped your head back to him in shock, "no! I like your brother... I mean not like... like like, but I like him!" You explained poorly... And you did like like him.
"Then why don't we go now?" He asked dragging you along with him. You followed attempting to act like nothing happened.

"Shouto? F/n? When did you get here?"
"We just came, why?" You responded with an innocent smile, quicker than you expected, attempting to assure him that neither of you saw anything that just happened, although that wasn't quite the case.
He grinned, but even as a kid, you noticed something behind that oh-so-happy grin. But nevertheless, you smiled back brightly, to hide your rather melancholy thought.

There was no way you would let Shouto find out about this after what he's already been through. You were determined to make sure of that, but the determination was put to halt swiftly, with a sense of unease. You felt Endeavor glaring at you guys from inside the house, but you didn't dare look at him.
Shouto's brother had noticed this as well, and stepped between his father and the two of you. He lead you away from him and began to talk to the two of you as if nothing happened. He decided to play with you for a bit, until the bastard man was gone.