• C o f f e e •

Beep. Beep. Beep.

That was the sound I dreaded every morning. Reluctantly, I got up and sat on my bed for about 10 minutes debating whether my education was really worth it.

I eventually decided it was and did the normal things everyone does every morning to get ready.

I walked out of my apartment building and walked to the coffee shop I usually always went to around the corner.

The bells jingled as I opened the door to the shop. The strong smell of coffee beans filled my nose as I stood in line.

As I admired the small canvasses of art on the walls I felt my phone buzz, signaling that I received a message.

Jiminie <3 ; hey where are you class starts in like 15 minutes

You : I know I'll be back in time. Shop is more crowded than usual

Jiminie <3 ; ah just make sure you're not late for the 3rd time this week haha

I chuckled lightly and then realized he was right, I can't be late again this week.

There was one more person in front of me & uni isn't very far from the shop so I could get back in time.

Finally it was my turn with 10 minutes left. Could I do it ? I don't know but I do love my coffee so.

"Hi my name is Jungkook. May I take your order?"

"Yeah can I get a medium latte please." I said as I rummaged through my bag for my wallet.

"Sure that'll be $3.49." The barista who I hadn't exactly looked at before said with a smile. I handed him the money and moved aside as my order was being made.

I admired the barista. He had brown hair and a captivating smile. He was cute.

I stood there for about 5 minutes waiting for my order

I stood there for about 5 minutes waiting for my order. Yeah, there was no way I was getting back in time.

"Ah great. I'm going to be late again." I didn't want to be that customer but I was getting impatient.

"Medium latte. Here you go have a great day." The barista who's name tag stated, Jungkook said with a smile.

I took the coffee and rushed out of the shop.

I was running as fast as The Flash from the 2 blocks to the Uni then across the campus all without trying to drop the coffee.

Out of breath I arrived to my class. 5 minutes late.

"Good of you to join us y/n." My professor said. I smiled shyly and went to take a seat next to Jimin.

"And you're late for the 3rd time." Jimin said to me, while moving his bag from the seat were I always sit.

"Yes Jimin I know. But anything for the coffee." I said while holding my coffee cup up.

"What's that?" He said pointing at the cup. I looked at the cup that had writing in black sharpie.

'Sorry for making you late. Hope I can make it up to you by taking you out for coffee (:' - Jungkook

"Woah you just got asked out, on a coffee cup." Jimin said quite amazed. I couldn't help but smile.

I was actually looking forward to this little date. He seemed genuine and it's been a while since I have been with anyone.

A coffee date with a cute barista named Jungkook. I knew there was a reason I loved coffee.