Chapter 1- A Change of Plans (Part I)

Skylar's P.O.V

The air of the soft summer breeze came through my open window as I was sitting on my bed listening to 'Stay High (Tove Lo Flip)' by Hippie Sabotage. I am so obsessed with this song, it isn't even real.

          staying in my play pretend,

       where the fun ain't got no end.

          staying in my play pretend,

        where the fun ain't got no end.

          staying in my play pretend,

  where the fun ain't got no end, ooh.

The lyrics were catchy, the vocalist was flawless, and the song had a good vibe to it. Currently, my best friends, Arizona, Sammi, Christy, and Tyler were planning a summer hangout. That meant that we would hang out everyday in the summer without any care in the world.

I was so excited, I could shit my pants at any moment.

"Skylar, honey! Can you please come down for a moment?" my mother yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah! I'll be down in a sec!"

Let me tell you about my family. My father is a lawyer. . .who has fuckers for clients. My mother works as a nurse at the city hospital. And my sister is just. . .my sister, i guess.

I paused my music on my iPhone 5 and walked out my door. As I was walking I could hear more than one voice in the living room. I continued slowly and I turned the corner, facing the living room, I saw my mom, dad, and sister looking at me.

Ah fuck, this can't be good.