Chapter 3 - Packing Day

Skylar's P.O.V

  The bright morning sun shone through my window meaning it was morning. Facing the sun, the sunlight sunk into my eyelids. My eyes fluttered open and I rubbed them. My arms reached out of the covers and I reached for my phone on my nightstand. I unlocked it and looked at the time.

        "9:21"

I groaned and pulled myself out of bed. Being the grumpy bitch I am in the morning, I stomped to the bathroom. For some reason, I always had an urge to pee in the morning. So. . .go away because I really need to go.

           50 seconds laterrr. leh.

  Ahh, sweet release. I then washed my hands and did my business (face wash, teeth brushing, hair doing). I then walked out and went to my closet. I look through everything and decide what looks good and put it on. Very weird, I am. Today I decided to wear a white t-shirt, grey skinny jeans, a blue and black flannel, and blue Vans. I put everything on and wrapped my flannel around my waist. I walked out of my room and went downstairs.

As I was walking downstairs, I could smell the aroma of blueberry pancakes.

YAAAAAASSSS, THANK YOU LORD.

I immediately ran downstairs, into the kitchen. And when I ran into the kitchen, I unfortunately. . .slipped.

"God-fucking-dammit, Skylar!" I said.

I got up and brushed myself off.

I then glanced at the kitchen island and saw a little note. I picked it up and read it.

"Skylar, I had to take the morning shift and I left earlier than I usually do. Your father went to run some errands and your sister is at Chris' house. I made some pancakes for you which are on the stove. Remember to pack for tomorrow. Love you.     -Mom."

I sighed and set the note down and walked to the stove. I put butter and syrup on the 2 pancakes, grabbed a fork, and walked to the living room.

I sat down on the sofa and turned on the TV. I flipped through newscasts, Saturday morning cartoons. I then left it on The Powerpuff Girls.

Now let me tell you. This show is my shit. My favorite was Buttercup and her tomboy-ness. I was happy because it just started. So lord knows I was gonna watch it.

I was finished with my pancakes after the Girls defeated Jojo the Monkey. I then turned off the TV and went to put my plate in the kitchen sink.

I went to the stairs to go up to my room until there was a knock at the door. . . I paused and looked at the door. I then walked to the door.

I unlocked it and opened it.

"Tyler."