Chapter 8: Trico visits the Park

Previously

Sorry you had to do that buddy. I hope you're fine. Thank you for saving us.

Trico whimpered at me and I petted him until he fell asleep. I went inside with Shawn and treated our wounds
_

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Felix's POV)

Inside the house, Shawn and I played some video games as we talked to each other.

Shawn: You are too good at this game you know. Its unfair!
Me: I have 25 deaths and you collected all treasures. How is that unfair?
Shawn: Okay. By the way, about what happened in the warehouse.
Me: Yeah? What about it?
Shawn: Will they tell people about Trico? That would be a pain.
Me: It won't be. They won't or else we'll give them round two. How're you holding up by the way?
Shawn: My stomach is healed up. The cuts will take a long time to heal but its cool.
Me: Why won't we just tell people about it?
Shawn: We both know why. The commotion it'll draw upon us, and more drama.
Me: Well, it'll save our butts next time.
Shawn: As you've said. They won't.
Me: Yeah you're right.

I heard a small grunt from outside. I picked up some meat and went outside with Shawn.

Me: Hey buddy! You're hungry aren't cha?
Trico's eyes glowed white and his tail went up and down. He pushed his beak to us lightly and we petted him and fed him the meat. He stood up and stretched his legs and wings.
Me: You OK now? You had a great sleep?
Trico pushed his beak once again and we petted him. He bit a part of my shirt and tossed me to his back.
Me: You wanna fly? Let's go! Are you coming Shawn?
Shawn: Nah, I'm going home dude. See you tomorrow.
Me: Okay. I can't give you a ride there. People will see Trico.
Shawn: I'm good man. See ya!

Shawn went inside and picked his bag. I asked him to close the door and we went on our ways.

Trico and I were once again here on the clouds. I held onto his fur and looked at the beautiful scenery. Our friendship is going strong. Looking at this day, it's been good and bad. I never wanted Trico to hurt anyone just because of me. He is too innocent and he must be protected. I must make sure that he'll be fine always. I hope that he's going to be alright.

As we are soaring through the clouds. I heard Trico growled at me softly. We approached the city which was pretty far from home. The sky is already having an orange hue and the sun is starting to set. I directed Trico on top of a building that was long abandoned. He landed perfectly and we laid down there watching the sun set. I laid down on his curled up body as he blanketed me with his tail.

Me: You know what? You really are awesome. You protected me earlier you know. I would never forget that, but please be careful around people okay? If possible, don't interact with anyone. Except me.

Trico looked at me and he seemed to understand. We stared eye to eye and I petted him softly as the sun sets. The cool breeze is hitting us and I drifted to sleep in a blink of an eye.

(Third Person's POV)

Trico looked at the sky remembering what had happened earlier. He felt good saving his friend and is determined to protect the keeper of their bonds flame. He looked at the setting sun and to his little guardian, Felix. He slept while they were chilling out on top of the building. Trico let the sun completely set when he grabbed his friend once again and set out for their home. He landed perfectly on the backyard and placed Felix on the grass first. He opened the window and placed Felix on the bed which is just next to the window. Trico closed the window and sat at his natural position. Looking at the night sky, he tried to remember if there were still others. If there were other Trico's he can be with. Sadly, he can't remember. Saddened by the fact, he just drifted off to sleep and waited for the day tomorrow.