Chapter 21: Wanda and Ico

"Tsk. Like the other guardians, cocky and defiant. Yet in the end, they all perished."

"The last one got you pretty good, and I'll finish his job off. I'll even put your head on a spike and make it a trophy after this."

"Shut up! You'll be chained in the dungeons!" As if on cue, armored soldiers came out of a building and rushed towards me. I was just about to be in one's grasp when white light blinded me and the world just faded away.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to the sound of dripping water. The cold floor beneath me made my body shiver. Have you ever felt like never waking up just because your sleep was so good? Yeah, I feel that right about now. Wait. Cold floor?

I quickly stood up and scanned my surroundings. No. This place is not familiar, whatsoever. My clothes! Wait, what? What am I wearing? I wore an orange sleeveless shirt and black leggings. A black and white cloth hung from my right shoulder and is strapped to my waist. My wooden staff and bag laid on the floor, still intact.

Ok. I'm in the middle of nowhere. I can't just sit around all day, I need to go out of this place.

I walked out of the freezing cold cave, but when I came out, I easily regretted it. Outside the cave was snowing, great. My left shoulder is going to freeze. Plus, my feet are bare. I literally need a miracle right about now. Where am I going to stay?

Well, that question was quickly answered when I heard a horse's gallop. I looked around to see the source of the sound. Thanks to my luck, I did not need to look for so long as the source came right into me.

A man with neck-length hair that is neatly held together by what looks like a green hairband rode the horse. He wore one of those things that old wild western cowboys wore, a cloth that goes from the front to the back. Under that, he wore a white dress that had black straps around the waist and shoulders. He had white bands around his arms.

"What are you doing around these parts, kid? The weather will kill you." The man said.

My mouth quivered as I tried to talk. "I-I d-d-do n-not kn-ow f-f-for s-s-sure."

"Already shivering, I see. Come, we don't have long before the storm catches us."

The guy is probably 16 or something, his black horse stood tall as if it's not affected by the cold climate. I tried climbing the horse, but I was too small. So the guy had to carry me and put me down on the saddle, he placed himself behind me and we went on our way. The horse went fast that the chilly air before became a blizzard to me, so I pressed myself closer to the horse's mane for warmth.

"My name's Wanda by the way, and this is Abro. You?"

"Felix, I didn't really came from this world to begin with. I was about to be captured by my nemesis when I was somehow transported here. May I ask, where are we off to?"

"To some place that's warmer than here, definitely. My home."

And so the long ride began. The path is covered in snow and the air is really icy. The only thing I have in my mind was to get to warmer grounds and Trico. I want to see him, no. I need to see him. What's happening to him now? The master of the valley is pretty much ready, trico is semi-ready. Me? I'm here on a different place, and on a different time. How did this even happen? Well, my life is not really making a lot of sense ever since I found a baby beast with wings and took care of him. I didn't know the consequences, I didn't know what the whole ordeal about being a guardian was. How am I supposed to know anyway? I'm just a kid, a wimp even.

No, now is really not the time to think about what am I and how did this happen. Now is a time for me to start pondering about what I will do to stop the evil dudes.

After an hour of freezing cold air and my body shaking uncontrollably, we came into view of a town. The houses looked like those houses from the medieval ages, created from stone and wood. Wanda put Abro in a stable alongside other horses. We were about to go out when an old man rushed and talked to us. He had a bushy beard and a shiny head. Definitely in his old days.

"Wanda, you're finally back. Fashad came earlier and he brought a kid with horns! Can you believe it? The kid was freezing half to death, too. I thought you needed to know, since you're the one who had experiences with bizarre happenings."

"Bring him to my house, I also brought a kid if you can't see. I saw him near the brihone caves."

The man's eyes trailed over to me. He had a wondering look in his face and looked at Wanda once again.

"Brihone? That place is prohibited isn't it?"

"I know. Anyways, now is no time to talk about these matters. We need to go inside a shelter or we'll freeze to death."

"Of course, the kid with horns should be in your home right now. I'll talk to you after the blizzard. Keep safe."

We parted ways and walked in to a house with a chimney puffs out smoke. Well, all of them does but that's the only description I can tell besides the fact that there are weird markings on the door. When the Wanda opened up the door, warmth instantly hugged me. Heck, my shoulders were bare and the cloth I'm wearing isn't exactly ready for the cold winter.

Wanda entered what it looks to be the living room of the house and I only followed. There we got to meet the kid, who's older than me by a few years, with horns. There we stood, just wondering about each other.

A/N: Holy smokes. If you guys do not know who the two new characters are, they came from a pretty similar game created by the same people who created The Last Guardian game. They have pretty awesome backgrounds as well. Trust me, this is going to be pretty good, or will it be?

By the way, the story is coming to an end! Well, close. Maybe 8 or more chapters left, unless there's an idea that'll pop in my head. I can kind of see the ending that I was planning for a long time now.

Again, hope you guys liked this chapter! If you awesome people did. Please leave a vote or a comment if you like. Follow me to be charted today! Goooodbye!!

b'/T��T�B$