Chapter 3

"Jade, I haven't even drunk coffee. Can you just tell me what do you want?" I said and sounded more pissed off than I actually was.

"Uh yes-yeah. Look,you know that the wedding will be in September and that I need your help,as much as you offer to.But you know that your crazy best friend might turn crazier if she arranges the whole wedding by herself and I was thinking if you could come tonight at my appartment?"

"Yeah,of course. What time do you want me to be there?"

"Uh be here at 8."

"Okay. Do you want me to bring anything?"

"No,don't worry." Then she was silent,which is unusual for Jade.

"What else do you want to tell me but you're afraid that I will start shouting at you and prefer to stay silent?"

"Well look. I know that you and Nate broke up and that you haven't moved on,but you are my Maid of Honor and Nate is the Best Man and Chris invited him tonight too and please don't cancel because now you said that you'll come." And then I froze. In less than a week I will see him for the second time after he broke my heart? How can I handle this?

"Jade..." I knew that if I would cancel now,I would disappoint her and I didn't want her to feel like that about me.

"Okay,I will come. And I will be fine,I think so. If he stays away from me..."

"Eva come on." She said with a serious tone.

"I'm just playing with you. I will be there at 8 sharp. I have to go now,I need coffe,bye." And without waiting for any answer,I ended the call.

How was I supposed to not only see him again,but have a conversation with him if I can't stop the tears that are leaving my eyes when I am even thinking about him? I should have said no,but then that would be a shitty move. Tonight I will be the best version of myself and I won't let him see that he's still hurting me. I can do it...right?

I couldn't do it. It was 5:30 pm and I had already changed my mind at least 30 times about going at Cris and Jade's appartment. Every time I was ready to call her and cancel,I was thinking that she would be disappointed and who knows,perhaps she would have a fight with Chris. On the other hand,what's the best thing that would happen if I am going to be under the same roof with Nate? I won't be looking him in the eyes and what shall I do if he wants to talk to me?

I wanted to call Jake and ask his opinion but I already knew what he was going to say:bitch this is your chance to show him that he lost the best thing that could ever happen to any lucky guy.

I had finished my make up when I looked myself in the mirror of the bathroom and nodded.

"I am going." I said and headed to my bedroom to pick an outfit.

I needed it to be classy and a bit of sexy. Why sexy? Do I need to impress anyone? No. Then why sexy?

I decided to wear a pencil skirt with a cream white blouse,black heels and a black blazer,which actually looked like an outfit I would wear in the office but I liked it.

I took the wine that I bought in the evening after my exercise and then left my appartment.

When I arrived at Jade and Chris's house,I took a deep breath and looked myself in the mirror.