Chapter-1

Dayyan-

“....tranquility literally absorbs you,here in Tasmania.The city provides something for everyone-wild and beautiful landscapes,friendly people,a pleasant climate,wonderful food and wine,and a rich history.Beyond being a popular tourism destination,Tasmania is a great place to live due to its affordability,ease of getting around,and safe,friendly communities.Definitely one of the hotspots if you seek a relaxed lifestyle.Moreover,this is the time of the year when Tasmania is dressed in its most beautiful garment.As you can see behind me,the landscape is literally picturesque.So what are you travel lovers waiting for!Get your bags packed and just run here.I know you are dying to.Well that’s all from me this time.Hope you have a beautiful experience here.This is Dayyan saying goodbye for today.Keep watching and reading Traveller’s Canvas.”

Dayyan sighed as he switched off the TV.It was a good documentary,one of the many projects which he took pride in.He sat for a couple of minutes,trying to calm his heart pace as a slow smile curved his lips.Everytime Dayyan watched one of his documentaries or reflected back on any part of his job,he still found it crazy hard to believe that all these were real.Not a dream.Not an illusion.Who would have thought,life would be this giving to him.Who would have thought,after what he went through,the calamity that dawned on their lives once upon a time,would cease and in return, bring forth the silver lining.He couldnot thank Allah enough for all His bounties.Nevertheless,its all that he could do and strive every moment of everyday to be a better muslim,a better person.

Dayyan Malik,peripatetic,key travel tour writer and guide for the Traveller’s Canvas magazine,is living the time of his life.Never in a million years would he have thought that he would live to see this phase of his life.It was a dream that left him insomniac for countless nights,made him float endlessly between time and space.But here he was,working on something where he was paid to travel and write about his experiences.Allah gave him everything he could ever wish for.

The magazine editor was literally wonderstruck when he received Dayyan’s first e-mail,where he wrote about a fictitious man’s experience on his small town of Flakes.Dayyan described the land of snow from an outsider’s point of view,how the town of Flakes seemed like a motionless picture painted by the dull colours of grey and white,yet breathtaking in its natural attire.He portrayed how the beams of the early morning sun lanced through the leaves and the fog.It was within days that the editor personally flew to Flakes offering him a highly paid job,taking this amateur to a divine world of motion.Flakes became well-known,business over there flourished as tourists began to flock in.And ever since then Dayyan malik started living a traveller’s life,a happy one indeed.

“Dayyan,love,please don’t tell me your show is over.Did I really missed all of it?”His mom came running down the stairs,worry creasing her forehead.She was in her mid-forties,a woman with unbound will power and selfconfidence.

He  smiled.“Salam,mom.Yeah,the documentary just finished.”

Its the same everytime.Whenever,his  work comes on tv,his mother becomes excited like a little girl,jumping up and down and clapping her hands like a total maniac.She spents those entire days with her eyes wide open,twinkling with sheer enthusiasm and pride for her beloved son.Afterall,she knows how hard Dayyan worked for this,leaving no stone unturned to achieve the life of his dreams.

“Oh,no!I missed it again.I bet it went perfect,just like always.”She said with her motherly smile and hugged Dayyan. “Walaikum as salam, by the way”,she mumbled on his shoulder,tightening her grip,afraid to let go.

Dayyan seldom came home,and when he did,it was only for a few days.He misses his mother,every waking hours when he is away from her,which is too often.However,the thought that his mother is safe and well-off compensates for everything.Afterall,he wants her happy,more than anything.

“Are you gonna crush me or feed your hungry son?Mom,I am starving!”Dayyan chuckled,feeling his mother loosening her grip.His stomach simultaneously growled,causing both of them to burst into laughter.

“Oh,sorry Dayy,I’ll just bring your favourite brownies and coffee.Why don’t you download this documentary of yours so that we can sit together and watch it.”She told Dayyan as she hurried to the kitchen.

The smell of hot chocolate,crisps and coffee filled the hall as his mother brought   the tray full of delicacies and placed it on the oversized table at the center of the living room.The house was big but lonely.

Together they sat before the television while the light from the newly polished fireplace,painted them all golden and yellow.Dayyan rested his head on his mother’s shoulder,inhaling the soothing scent of her perfume and didnot fight the sleep that engulfed him as he dozed off on his mother’s lap.

 -------------------------------------

Salam my lovely readers. Soooo,how did you all liked my first chapter....plz share your views.

It's a short update but inshallah updates will be quicker.I like getting votes but trust me I would love to get more comments....:)And I am writing it on 3rd person POV..Also the thing with Tasmania is totally random.the place just popped into my mind and I wrote about it.Haven't been there myself..:/

Quotes of the day---

"He has so many creations and yet He never forgets me.But I only have one creator,and I've forgotten him countless times."

"Be an encourager, the world has plenty of critics already"