The Raft / Wakanda

After the airport in Germany, Wanda felt alone again. Vision abandoned her to let her be locked up. She was stuck listening to Clint's rage, Scott's agony, and Sam's upbeat positivity that Steve would be returning to save them. Her mind was foggy. She could barely move, strapped into a straight jacket so strong she could feel her muscles being pulled harshly. The shock collar reacted to every movement, every thought. She cried at night, not wanting to dream for the fear of seeing Vis. Her powers were not being used, but they were being stored up, and she felt weaker every day.

When Steve arrived to save them, Wanda half expected Vision to be with him. She wanted him to be there. All Steve knew was that someone with access to Stark's passcodes sent their location. Wanda wanted to believe it was Vision. Steve wanted to believe it was Tony. Scott just wanted to go home.

When they dropped Clint and Scott back off at their homes to take parole, he asked Wanda where she wanted to go. She asked where he was going. He said he was going to Wakanda, where Bucky was being treated by the King's little sister. She decided she would stay with Steve, it was the safest bet for her. Sam said he was with Steve, no matter what. And so they went to Wakanda. When they arrived, the King apologized for Germany, she apologized for Lagos, and he gave her her own set of rooms near Steve's and Sam's, close to his sister's. But she was not in there when they arrived, and she followed one of the Dora Milaje to the lab where she was working. Music was blasting, and she saw Bucky laying on a table, a young teenager moving technology around him. The Dora Milaje spoke to Shuri in Wakandan, and then departed.

"The Scarlet Witch." Shuri smirked, putting down her tech and walking up to her. Wanda had a thing for accents, and Shuri's was incredible. "My brother told me you are a hearty woman, with great powers. Of course, as we all know, with great power comes great responsibility."

As the weeks wore on, she did her best to be of some help to Shuri, who she found to be relatable and hilarious. Shuri was working on fixing Bucky's brain, and Wanda was using her powers to be of some help. After months of working on Bucky, they sent him to the outskirts of the city to be observed and re-acclimate to the world. To celebrate, Shuri took Wanda on a tour of the city, and they ate and enjoyed the sights.

When they returned to the palace that evening, T'Challa and Steve were waiting in the main living room. Shuri and T'Challa exchanged their secret handshake (which isn't much of a secret), and she departed to her rooms. Steve came up to Wanda and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Wanda, we got a transmission today from Vision, in an unknown location. Asking for you to go to Edinburgh. We think it might be a trap." Steve explained, and Wanda felt her heart stop and she collapsed to her knees. Edinburgh. Back to that place, where he kissed her for the first time.

"Let me go to him. Please, Steve." She said, looking up at the Captain and the King, who shared a concerned look.

"Only if I can be nearby in case it is a trap. Only then." Steve responded, and she shook her head.

"I need time. We need time. That's all. Please. Just let me go."