2) Early Career Days

Mitch's early career was full of short-running performances and productions, although he never had trouble finding paying gigs to support himself.  He had even been able to set aside a small amount as savings for his future nest egg. Most of the time, Mitch knew how long the job was going to last and often, he was able to work at two different venues simultaneously.  However, this didn't leave much time for a social life or for dating, not that Mitch wanted to meet the "man of his dreams" at such a young age.  With so many unfulfilled dreams to reach for, an occasional opportunity for companionship and "release" of tension would go a long way toward making Mitch's life more bearable.  Horny unsatisfied Mitch did not a pleasant person make. 

One of Mitch's favorite jobs during this period of time was a singing job at a local and popular nightclub. The manager of the club allowed Mitch the freedom to choose his own songs to perform and which nights he wanted to be on stage.  Of course, Mitch chose most weekends, but also chose some mid-week nights so he could work on and try different music styles out on the club regulars.  As the weeks went by, the manager noticed on the nights Mitch took the stage, the club was more packed and alcohol/food sales were higher. 

Also, the bouncers loved these nights because the patrons were less rowdy, with fewer fights.  It seemed the crowd was so enthralled and mesmerized by Mitch's voice and musical talents, they actually sat down, listened to the music, and went wild with applause after every song.  The look of pure joy and satisfaction so apparent on Mitch's face during these moments was enough to keep him powering on through all the other moments of self-doubt, anxiety, and loneliness. 

Well the nightclub work, as it turned out, was not all that lucrative in the end and after a period of time, failed to satisfy Mitch's ongoing creative thirst.  So despite the pleading and offers of increased salary from the club manager, Mitch decided it was time to move on.  He started searching online for job opportunities in the Los Angeles and surrounding areas.  Many of his former cast mates and fellow musician friends had already relocated to LA, saying it was the land of opportunity for a promising talent such as Mitch's.  Their stories also hinted at more promise of personal fulfillment, along with the physical and sexual aspects that were so sorely lacking in Mitch's life.  So after lining up enough auditions and job interviews to justify the trip to LA, Mitch finally took the plunge.  He booked a flight that would put him in the area only a few hours before his first audition......with a cruise line!