Chapter 4

Nicki
A few days later

Today I was having my first surgery and I was beyond nervous. The doctors already told me Im gonna do one surgery first. Which is to remove the huge tumor from my breast. After this surgery I'll do a few chemo treatments to stop anymore tumors from actually growing.

Right now I was still at home sitting on the bed watching Rihmeek walk back and forth from the bag he was packing and the closet. After the surgery, I was gonna be staying in the hospital for two weeks just so the doctors can see my progress.

Of course Meek was giving me the silent treatment.

He was upset that I didn't tell him when I first found out. He just didnt understand that I was terrified. I have never gone through something like this. I didnt know what to do in that moment. Im still shocked at the news I was given.

"Rihmeek come here"

He stopped what he was doing and came and sat by me.

"Meek talk to me whats wrong"

"Im scared for you Nika. Yeah, I'm supposed to be stong but this? Im terrified to lose you. I know I've fucked up in the past, but Im sorry. Im sorry for everything. The lies, the cheating, everything. Im sorry for putting you through that. I never realized how much I appreciated you until I thought about how you can be gone in just a snap of a finger. " he expressed.

Climbing on to his lap, straddling him. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Its okay Rihmeek. Ive forgiven you a long time ago. And Babe.." I leaned back and looked into his eyes.

"Were gonna be okay. Im gonna be okay. Im gonna fight this cancer off. Of course Im scared too. But we have to be positive."

He breathed deeply. "I hope so. Lets get ready to go. The chasers and ma gonna meet us at the hospital."

45 minutes later
(still Nicki pov)

I sat on the hospital bed in my blue hospital gown and hair net. I pouted as the nurse started poking me with all these damn needles putting in an IV. 

All the chasers sat around talking to me trying to keep my spirits up, which was greatly appreciated.. But they just plain retarted.

"What type of tree grows in your hand" Tak said as he started to laugh before he even said the answer.

"A palm tree" he said loudly while busting out laughing.

Cackling, "Would yall hush? Y'all have serious issues." 

The nurse giggled a little as she finished.

"Dont laugh at him, he remedial in real life" Meek joked.

Everybody laughed. Tak do act like he legit dont have a brain.

"Alright Ms. Onika your all set. In the next few minutes your gonna feel woozy which is completely normal. That just the medicine thats gonna numb you. The nurses are gonna come get you in 20 minutes to take you to the OR."

"Alright thank you" I gave her a small smile. And she walked out, closing the door.

I turned to the tv that was playing a movie.

Feeling eyes on me I turned towards eveybody.

"Why yall looking at me like that?" I scrunched my face up.

Nobody said nothing. Weirdos.

Shaking my head I focused on the movie waiting for them to come get me.

Meek

I watched as the chasers group hugged Nic. It was now time for Nicki to go into surgery and honestly, my nerves are bad. Im nervous as hell. All the possibilities and outcomes.

What if she doesnt make it off the surgery table?

What if she fall into a coma?

What if another tumor come back?

Im just hoping, praying she fights this cancer. All of things I did, I just hope God is on my side today.

Breaking out of my thoughts, Nicki called me over.

"Whats wrong" I stood in front of her.

"Nothing, I just wanted to tell you I love you so much. Nothing else matters. Im gone fight this. And we gonna be good. Okay?" she looked me in my eyes.

"I love you too." I kissed her.

She stood up and walked out the door with the nurses help.

3 hours later
Meek

Its been three long nerve wracking hours.

I couldn't be still. Either my hand was tapping the chair, my foot tapping the floor. Or me just pacing the floor. I even smoked a blunt, but I couldnt keep calm for shit.

"Yo meek calm down" basically all the chasers were telling me.

"Sis is gon be good. Now you need to calm down before you stress ya self out and you be in one'a these rooms"

"Man I just wished one of these doctors would at least give us a update or sum."

Looking up I see a doctor walk in, as other nurses pushed onikas bed into the room with her sleeping on it.

"You guys are Ms. Onikas family, correct"

"Yea, what's going on? she good?" I stood up.

"Yes. She is doing well. She is currently still sleep due to medicine. But surgery went very well. She should be up in the next hour or so.

"Thank you so much" I shook his hand. He nodded and smiled and walked out the room.

Walking over to Nika, I sat in the chair next to her. Gently grabbing her hand, I kissed each finger softly.

Thank you Jesus.

-------------
Chapters are going to get longer as I go. I just be tryna build the suspense.
Chapter 5 will prolly be up Friday.
uhhh,, I think dats it...
oh make sure yall vote too.
-Glextrr🍃