Chapter 3

Lance was feeling sort of homesick.

Well, he wasn't home, so it was still counted.

But he had to keep up his confident cover, he never wanted to look weak.

Especially when his rival was watching his every move.

It has been one week in school, and Lance was getting pretty tired of Keith. For who knows what reason, he had been following him everywhere, as if suddenly interested it him.

It was even less funny when he wanted to do something weird like scratch his nose or something.

"Ready?" Keith asked, pressing some buttons on the machine.

"Pfft, when was I never ready?" Lance wriggled his eyebrows.

"When Nyma stole your Blue Lion. You were kinda caught by surprise."

"Okay, we do NOT talk about that."

"Both of you are acting like a married couple. Yeesh, move it. I want to see Pidge." Of course they had to bring Alix along, he was practically begging to see the green paladin.

And play a game of 'guess my gender'.

 Alix had his hair done differently today, hair still short and choppy, but instead of the usual let-down style, he had a small bun tied at the back of his head.

Keith struggled with the device for a few more ticks, then finally pressed a small white button, and the machine glowed and shook.

There was a loud buzzing sound as a beam of light was projected from the lens of the machine. First thing to show up, Coran's beautiful mustache.

"Lance! How does Earth look like?"

"I know you missed me, but I would really appreciate it if you moved back a little so that I can see the others."

"Lance! Buddy!" Hunk's familiar voice rang out.

Coran moved back, and Lance could see the Alteans and the rest of the paladins clearly.

Allura looked up and down, "Wow, this place looks rather.... plain?"

"Yeah, it is rather less developed than in space, so I heard." Alix spoke up.

Pidge, Hunk, Shiro, Allura and Coran jumped. Shiro squinted at Alix,"Lance. I told you not to tell anyone of you and Keith being a paladin of Voltron."

"Jeez, Shiro. Relax. You're so uptight these days." Lance muttered to himself.

Finally Keith waved to get attention. He asked eagerly,"So how's Voltron doing? Any attacks or imformation lately?"

Allura smiled innocently and shook her head,"Which means, you two can have more b-"

Shiro reacted quickly and stepped on Allura's foot.

Allura turned and looked at Shiro,"What?"

Hunk closed his eyes and shook his head,"Don't say the B-word."

Allura blinked her eyes and smilled devilishly, which Lance was sure she had learnt from Pidge, and said,"What B-word? Oh. You mean bonding?"

Shiro panicked and looked at Keith, who for once could control his impulse.

Shiro rubbed the back of his neck,"That's a pretty big improvement from last time."

Keith glared at Allura and stated,"Just because I have no bayard does not mean I do not have my knife." Keith unsheathed his knife and twirled it. "You kinda forgot to confiscate my knife."