CHAPTER 2

Skylar POV

I woke up at the beeping of my  alarm, I felt happier than the other days maybe because I turned 16 or the fact that I could find my mate today. I am exited to find him and also terrified, excited because a mate is your soulmate and the person who will love you and cherish you and more importantly he will save me from this hell, terrified because he could reject me because I am weak and ugly.

"Don't ever say it again! You are beautiful and pure and strong!! Nobody would have supported all this torture and not cracking...and he is our mate I am sure he will love us and treat us well...OOH, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR SKY!!!" Notte said with her calm and melodic voice, I smiled and replied "Thank you Notte I love you and I know I would never come to this point of my life if it wasn't for you being there for me" I could sense her smiling in my head and said "and always will be sky, always".

I made breakfast humming like always, I put everything in it's place for the pack and I was starting to go back to my room but then I smelled the most delicious scent ever it was like chocolate and strawberry it made my mouth water. I was completely frozen in my place and my heart was beating really fast, I heard someone coming downstairs until I saw the most amazing green eyes I have ever seen and it was like just me and my mate nothing else and nobody mattered just me and him.
I admit my mate was really handsome he had dirty blond hair that were styled messily, strong jawline, his body was muscular but not very much I could see he had a six pack underneath his shirt that hugged his perfect body, he was tall 6 foot 2 while I was 5 foot 6. While I was admiring my mate I could tell he was also checking me out because I could feel fire in each part of my body his eyes landed on, then someone talked and we came back to reality.

"Baby, what are you doing standing there? Let's eat breakfast" Cindy said, and that's when it occurred to me that Jack is my mate. Cindy couldn't see me because Jack was in front of me and he was bigger.

The love and joy that was in his eyes suddenly changed by confusion and then by hate and disgust, and that's when I know he was going to reject me and I felt my heart squeeze and my eyes tear up, I could hear Notte's cry in my head and it made me even more sad to know that she won't have her mate.

"Listen everybody it seems that my mate is this pathetic ugly slave that no one wants" Jack said while some people looked at him with pity and some looked at me with anger and disgust, but I didn't care how they looked at me I just cared for my mate and his harsh words that cut deep inside my heart.

"I soon to be alpha Jack Wolf reject you Skylar James as my mate and future Luna of the Dark Moon pack" and then he turned to Cindy grabbed her and kissed her and exited the house laughing with everybody else as tears flowed down my eyes and in this moment I was to hurt and in pain to be able to stop them.

I stood in the same spot for a few minutes broken and then I knew that I had to run I can't stay here and see him live a happy life with someone else. I ran to my room took my laptop and some money I saved, I didn't have any clothes just the one I was wearing that were really old and too large. I took a paper and a pen and wrote:

To whoever is reading

I am leaving, I am fed up of how you have been treating me even if I didn't anything bad to anyone.
You all should be ashamed of yourself, a pack should love and protect their members and respect then not abuse them.
And to my family, I shouldn't even call you family, you should have loved me unconditionally but you just hated me, you never tried to know your own daughter.
And as for my so called mate you were the worst of them all and I will never forgive you or forget what you have done.

I wish I will never see you again
With hate
Skylar James

I put it on the bed and ran as fast as possible. Luckily this time no one was around so I could pass the border without them noticing and I kept running and running until I was in human territory and I saw a bus I got in and asked the driver what was the last stop he said Miami I just nodded and set on the chair wanting to be as far as possible from the Dark Moon pack.

"I am sorry Notte, if only I was more beautiful and strong you would still had your mate" I cried to my wolf, I still felt the pain of the rejection.
"Don't ever say it!! You are beautiful and he is blind to not notice it! He doesn't deserve us and we don't need him!!" Notte has always been stronger than me and she always helped me in the bad moments and made me relax like in this moment.
"Thank you Notte, I love you" I said with my eyes closing because I was so tired and fell asleep.
"I Love you my dear Sky! Good night".