CHAPTER 4

Picture of the waterfall

---------------------------------------------------------

Skylar POV

I woke up to someone tapping gently on my shoulder, opening my eyes with difficulty and after opening and closing them to readjust my sight I could see the bus driver trying to wake me up.

"Miss, I am sorry to wake you up but we are at our last destination"

"Thank you! Do you perhaps know what time is it?" I asked with a hoarse voice reminding me that I needed to drink some water as soon as possible.

"Yeah, it's 4:15 p.m" that means I have been travelling for about 9 hours. I thanked him and then stepped out of the bus. The weather was really nice, it wasn't cold nor hot it was just perfect, I really loved spring and I welcomed the nice feeling of the sun on me.

Looking around I saw some houses here and there, it seems like some type of country side and then I noticed that we were near a forest.

"Fantastic! We could find some water inside the forest and we could also hunt to eat without being seen by humans" I agreed with Notte and started heading towards the forest, I just hopped we didn't meet any werewolves especially rogues.

Rogues are werewolves that were banished from their pack or they left it willingly like me. Some rogues don't lose their humanity and try to live peacefully in the human land or on no one land, other rogues have lost their humanity and live just using their animal instincts and it make them full of anger and lust and you can distinguish them by their red eyes, only rogues that lost their humanity have red eyes.

Once inside the forest I started sniffing, being a werewolf has it's advantages we have advanced senses, we are stronger and faster, we also heal a lot faster than human and when we reach the age of 25 years old we age very slowly.
After a bit I smelled wet earth and I could hear the sound of a waterfall so I  followed the sound while keeping my self alert of any danger.

The view in front of me was breathtaking, the water came from a small cliff and then it fell on a small lake, the color of the water was a mix of orange, yellow and red mirroring the colors of the sunset. Behind the waterfall I could see the entrance of a cave 'wonderful place to sleep and hide from danger'. I couldn't help the smile on my lips, I was finally free and I could start my new life even if I don't own anything it was much better than my life in the Dark Moon pack.

After drinking some water and eating a rabbit that I hunted, I entered the cave and let me tell you it was even better than what I had imagined, the walls had some stones that shined like little stars and there was a small pond in the center.

I undressed and begun to clean my self in the water taking off all the dirt for not being able to shower in a long time and also for getting my self even dirtier with the hunt before. The water was cold but it had a nice and relaxing feeling, I could also hear Notte sighing with content and it made me happy knowing she wasn't as sad as this morning.

Yawning I put on my clothes and found the perfect spot where I could sleep, I lied there and in an instant I fell in a dreamless sleep.

I woke up startled feeling my body on fire, every inch of my body was in an immense pain and it kept getting even worse every minute, I couldn't stop the screams that escaped my mouth and I just hopped nobody heard me.

After an hour or so the pain started to subside and I started to relax but as my heartbeat started to slow down at a normale pace another pain hit me full forse and it was double the first time. I could hear some of my bones cracking it was like jumping from a high place and hitting the floor, at the sound of other bones cracking I finally understood what was going on.

I was finally shifting.