A Constellation of Witches

Prologue:

Long ago, when humans and supernatural beings walked upon the Earth as one, a time when there was balance and equality, freedom and hopefulness. Danger and darkness was not known, and even though there were differences among the beings, they still found a way to live in peace. At the time, vampires did not crave human blood, and they were not cursed by the sun. Werewolves did not have to shatter their enchanted bones in order to change into their true form, they were not bound to the moon. None of the supernatural beings were cursed in any way.

But one day, when all was well and fine, a witch by the name of Delilah cursed the very Earth and the beings who walked upon it. She jinxed our eternal sun to fry and burn any vampire who dared to step outside, human blood became the eternal diet for vampires. Delilah swore that the vampire's craving for blood would be the enchantment that destroyed them once and for all.

Delilah bound the moon to the wolves. Once every full moon, the wolves would get called upon by the moon. They would change into their true form as if it was the first time they ever did. A werewolf's first transformation was always excruciatingly painful, it was worse than getting your bones broken a thousand times. The wolves became violent once the moon called them, they had no control over their actions during this process.

The supernatural beings were cursed for all eternity.

Delilah was a very powerful witch, she also had her reasons for cursing them. She was young, and naive. She fell in love with a vampire, certain that she was his beloved. His name was Aro, and he was truly beautiful in every way, or so Delilah thought. On her birthday, Aro told her to stay at home, he told her that he would come at dusk. Delilah waited. And waited. And waited. By the time midnight struck, Delilah had had enough. She was angry, she was heartbroken, she could feel her powers on the tips of her fingers, willing to be let out. She went to the place she knew she would find him. The Sacred Haven. It was a place where you could hear the supernatural ancestors, you could hear their undying souls. Tortured, and bittersweet. Once she was at the rocky doorway of the Haven, she heard him, she heard someone else as well. A woman. She was astounded, she ran inside, and she saw her sister, Scarlett. Delilah came in noisily, Aro and Scarlett broke apart from their intimate moment and snapped their heads towards the sound. When they saw Delilah, they stood up, covered merely in a white silk sheet. Delilah killed her sister, she killed her vampire beloved Aro as well, blinded by eternal hatred and rage.

Delilah's father was a werewolf. On her way home, she heard a piercing scream. She knew it belonged to her mother. She rushed inside to see what could possiby be wrong, and when she saw the sight in front of her, her hands burst into blue flames, her power and rage possessing every ounce of her being. Her mother's throat was slit, her foot was chewed off, and her pregnant stomach was cut open. On the side of the room, pressed against the wall cowering in fear, was Delilah's father. She knew it was him who did this. She broke every bone in his body, every tendon, every muscle.

That is why Delilah, the most powerful witch to ever breathe upon our Earth, cursed the supernatural ones.

---------------------------------

hi carrots. so this is a first time, writing in this category.

im kinda new at this.

vote, comment, share.

xxx