Chapter 1

Claire's POV:

I grunt as I wake up to the morning sun shines through my curtains. The birds are chirping, I am truly not a morning person.

Hi, I'm Elizabeth Claire Kingsley. A girl with green hazel eyes, beautifully sun kissed skin and short light brown hair. Hey, I still gotta look presentable. And yes, I'm a royal. I do have duties but I'd rather exchange my life for something "normal".

As if you're wondering, I'm the princess of England.

*knock knock*

"Your Highness, may I please come in?" My maid asked. I straightened myself and tried to clear my voice.

"Sophia, please come in." I said.

"Your Highness, I have brought your breakfast in bed." My eyes brightened as I see and smell my English breakfast.

"Oh Yes, Thank you Sophia." I said as she put the little table on my bed. I smelled it once more and tried to stop myself from devouring this delicious breakfast. I still gotta act like a princess... you know?

"Your Majesty would like to speak to you, Your Highness." Sophia said. Ughhh what is it this time?

"Ah yes, Thank you Sophia. You may go now."
I said as Sophia bowed and closed the door gently.

I sighed, I'm so tired of being pushed around. But then again, I do have responsibilities and I shall not let my people down.

I ate my breakfast and went for a quick shower and changed to my usual boring clothes. I might as well look like a candidate for politics. A royal must always be modest or as that what would my royal adviser say.

I went down the hall and started looking for my father. "Where could he be?" I wondered.

Ah, ofcourse the garden. My father loved the garden, he loves the smell of flowers that my mum would plant. It's a hobby of hers, she likes to "dabble" around with it.

I went to the garden and there, I saw the King, my Father. Sitting down at a exquisite marble table that compliments the flowers and plants all around.

I went to take a seat across from him. "Good morning father, you asked for my presence?" I said.

"Ah yes, Claire. I would like to talk about your duties as the princess of England." My father said and his green hazel eyes brighten. I truly got my eyes from my father.

"Yes, Father. I have been thinking." I murmured, yet enough to let my father hear what I said.

"Yes, Claire?" My father said as he straightened himself.

"I've been thinking to live in America for a while?" Half asked; Half said.

"In America? Leaving your duties behind?" My father asked in anger a tad away from yelling but he was able to manage himself from yelling.

"Yes, Father." I said as I straightened myself and tried to gain courage to talk to him. "Father, please... let me live a normal life even just a while!" I finally said to him after all these years.

"Elizabeth! You are not leaving! You have duties and responsibilities to do! You cannot leave them all behind! Do you not care for your people?!" My father yelled. He used my first name, my father is truly furious. I'm just glad we are a bit far from the castle for the staff to hear us debating.