Training (Challenge Four, 2/3)

I woke up to blankets constricting my movements, and cursed at myself for not putting on pajamas before I slept. Untangling myself, I grumbled the entire time, then looked at the time display next to my bed. It was seven o’clock and it was another training day. I still had time before I was supposed to be at the training grounds, but I also couldn’t wait to learn more with Ciruss.

The thing that shocked me most about our sudden alliance was that he seemed to actually care for me, and my well being. I mean, he helped me before we had our alliance, so that has to count for something.

I shuffled over to the closet, my blanket still wrapped over my shoulders. It wasn’t cold or anything in the room, but blankets are just comfortable. That’s their whole deal; to provide comfort. I needed to take any comfort I can get before the games.

Putting on some sweatpants, I re-wrapped the blanket around my shoulders. The luxuries of the Capitol are mine for now and I’m going to take every moment to enjoy them. Really, there’s no point in getting dressed before I have to.

When I walked into the dining area, nobody else was up yet. Midnight must’ve tried herself out from training, or being bitch to me. One of the avox servants were standing by the table, waiting for orders. How long have they stood there? I hoped there’s a detection service that alerts them to what room someone is in so they don’t just stand around all the time.

“Can I have some hot chocolate? And a bun thing?” My voice was still rough from sleep, and when I sat down in a chair I realized how heavy my body still was. Hot chocolate would wake me up, any kind of chocolate would. This just had the added bonus of being hot. Plus, it doesn’t stink up the place like coffee would.

It’s delivered to me faster than I expected to be possible. The hot chocolate even had little marshmallows in it. I've never had the chance to have something this sweet in District Eight. It’s another comfort of the Capitol I’m willing to abuse.

Rysone entered the dining area as well, although he was fully dressed and ready to face the day. He’s used to this luxury, probably.

“I don’t pick clothes out for you so you can wear a blanket,” he sighed, ordering his own breakfast.

“I have time to waste, I mean I don’t necessarily need to be dressed…” I looked down at my mug, avoiding eye contact.

“You could go and train early, ya know,” he said. I actually didn’t know. I figured the Capitol had strict rules and schedules and some tributes going down for training early would give them an unfair advantage. I guess training before the games would as well, so it’s really a matter of me not thinking it through.

“Thanks,” I stood, going back to my room. The outfit laid out for me is like the one from yesterday, but the hoodie is made out of a different material. It’s pretty similar, but it feels more elastic. I only noticed because of my days working with fabrics in the factory. One mistake there would be bad for my paycheck.

I putzed around long enough to wind up at the training center at 8:30, and it seemed different when it was emptier. Midnight came down with me though, even though she should sleep. She looked a little sickly and I know I don’t want to move out of bed if I even have the sniffles.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked. She looked really green and I didn’t want her to vomit anywhere near me. Vomit is disgusting, that is one thing I’ll never be able to stand. I’m even fine with things like blood, people prick themselves with a needle or something all the time when they work.

Midnight nodded her head and waved her hand dismissively. She didn’t actually open her mouth which is a big sign that someone might hurl and that I need to leave the area as soon as possible.