The First Day:

No one knew who I was when I walked into the first class I had. Science, was something that I was good at but didn’t let people see. By the time I was done with first class, everyone wanted to know who I was and wanted to work with me, even if I preferred to work alone. Ugh, I thought looking at my scheduled. Gym next period, why did it always have to be the second period that consisted of abuse and torture. A girl looked at me and walked over to me. Her name was spoken before she approached me so I knew it was Mary.

‘Hey bitch, you’re new here right.’ Her voice was like a deep ace spreading quickly. ‘I’m talking to you,’ her voice angered. This is it, I thought, new school, getting beat up, and then coming home to getting abused. This is just so fucking great. I sighed, ‘what do you want bitch, I’ve got shit to do you know.’ His response got us both thrown in the office. There was a girl who kept looking at me and then the ground like she was worried about something. After Mary went inside, the girl walked over to sit beside me. 

‘I’m Alex,’ she said. ‘You look like you needed someone to confide it.’ ‘How can you tell?’ I asked. ‘You smile the entire time and yes even in eight grade I could see that it was fake, because your smile never reaches your eyes.’ ‘How is it possible that you knew me in eight grade, I moved school you know.’ ‘Yes, I know because you had a hard time with everything and were bullied by chains of girls.’ An unpleasant look from Mary and I knew that I was going to have to cut the conversation short.

‘Hey, I didn’t catch your name.’ I asked. ‘Alex,’ she winked. ‘Meet me for lunch?’ ‘sure.’