|.01|

My book cannot be copied.

~This book is fiction.

___________________

Kandice

You know the headass that moves to a different city or state and immediately says they hate it without giving it a chance?

Yeah, that's me.

Fuck what you think about me, though. I had to up and leave my slums and go to a whole new slum.

Okay, let's rewind for you lih whores.

My name is Kandice Nelson and I'm eighteen, but a bitch coming up on her Nasty Nineteen! Cue tongue out emoji.

Anyways, I just moved to Atlanta from Valdosta. Why? Number one, because I wanted to go to college here, silly me. Number two, I didn't really have a choice.

Mama and daddy say I'm getting into too much trouble because of my fRiEnDs and that I don't need to be out there any longer than I need to. So, right after graduation, they shipped me off here so I wouldn't get any "marks" on my record that would make colleges not want me.

In other words, I'm in a whole new city with no friends. The only person I know up here is my cousin Dre. They fucked up sending me up here with him, because all he like to do is party, and I do too.

"Yo, Kandi." Dre came down the steps, looking fly in his white tee and Air Force 1s.

"Okay cuzzo, serving them looks!" I hype him up and he laughed.

"Say you like the fit?" He chuckled. "Aye, you'll go down the street and get some honey Backwoods? Like ten packs."

"On God?" He nodded, tying his shoes up.

"Damn, what geek monsters you be smoking with?" I asked as he handed me a fifty dollar bill.

"Some geek monsters I would rather you not be around. Still no friends?"

"Of course not. I just got here. Can I drive your car?"

"Why? You got one."

"I like yours, big baller." He tossed me the keys.

"Come right back, Kandice."

"Where am I gone go, Andre?"

"Bye, smartass." I just laugh and go out of the front door. I went into the driveway and got into his blue Hellcat. Andre's 21 and on his own. My uncle died about two months ago, and even though he didn't want to admit it, that was another reason I was up here.

He was living comfortably—as in he inherited all of his daddy's money in secret. Even though he had money, he was alone for the first time in his life.

I pulled up to the corner store and the front was kind of crowded. Three niggas who probably don't have jobs standing right in front of the doors. I got out of the car and slammed the door. Mistake.

All three heads turned my way and started hooping and hollering.

"That bitch clean as fuck!"