Prologue

So, in my initiative of re-writing the things I hate, I've restructured and re-written this story. Now that, ya know, I actually know where the plot is going.

She held her head high as they marched her closer to the point of no return. She'd maintain her innocence, no matter what the King—her once trusted husband—had ruled. Never once had she been unfaithful, especially not with her own brother. But a trial run by men would be swayed however they wanted, and Henry had made up his mind to kill her, most likely for another woman.

Her daughter, only three years old, must be so confused. Elizabeth had stared with big eyes as they dragged her mother away, asking loudly what they were doing. They gave her one final moment with her pride and joy, the little one she'd birthed herself, but it hadn't been enough. If they'd let her have just a moment longer, she could have done it.

She'd practiced it in front of her mirror millions of times, making sure she was completely prepared before going through with the real thing. There was no room for error, not a moment of hesitation. She'd stared at herself in the glass, pure and revealing. Her words became smoother as time went on, no longer stumbling as she prepared to cleanse the vessel she'd set her sights on.

Container of magick, raise your energies to the surface. Collecting all that you hold in focus. Ready your energy for movement as I offer new sanctuary for your care.

She just needed a moment, just a few seconds with her daughter, to say those words. Funny, the one charge they didn't really believe was the one that turned out to be true. Miracles kept them from finding her books and items, all used for swaying the hearts and minds of those around her, to elevate herself. But she'd never once used a spell on the King. He fell in love with her all on his own, and fell out all on his own, too. The moment he grew tired of someone, he accused and charged them, usually sending them to death.

As she walked, she muttered the next part to herself. Maybe, just maybe, she could make something else. She'd cry to see her daughter once again before she left, but if anything, maybe it worked on inanimate objects as well.

"Washed away are the ties of the physical world, cleansing the palette for my brush. The rays of the beloved light dispersing any deterring attachments, and leave only the purity of a newborn treasure."

"What was that?" one of the guards leading her called back, staring her down with ice. She kept a stoic expression, not wanting to reveal herself. People questioned how she could be so calm because they didn't know. She wouldn't die today, not truly. She would be reborn, to keep the crown that had been taken from her so early, tooearly.

"May I see my daughter once more?" she begged. "Please, sir." He scoffed at her and turned back around, bringing her closer and closer to her final moments in this body.

The Tower was now nothing more than a distant marking, fading away as she stepped onto the stone platform, a crowd gathered to watch her head be severed from the rest of her. Their rampant discussion faded away into nothingness, and she became aware all eyes were on her. Calmly, she turned to face the designated direction, her eyes falling over those who had brought her here. She glared at them, not flinching for a moment. They thought they had won, succeeded in getting rid of her. Little did they know...

In her final moments, she took a deep breath and spoke to the crowd.

"Good Christian people, I have not come here to preach a sermon; I have come here to die. For according to the law and by the law I am judged to die, and therefore I will speak nothing against it. I am come hither to accuse no man, nor to speak that whereof I am accused and condemned to die, but I pray God save the King and send him long to reign over you, for a gentler nor a more merciful prince was there never, and to me he was ever a good, a gentle, and a sovereign lord. And if any person will meddle of my cause, I require them to judge the best. And thus, I take my leave of the world and all of you, and I heartily desire you all to pray for me." She paused for a moment, recalling the last words she'd need to utter just before the deed was done.

Her ladies hesitantly removed her decorations, preparing her body to be no more. She could hear their quiet sobs, the trembling of their hands nearly preventing them from releasing the clasps of her jewelry. They didn't know, but they couldn't. For as long as they stood by her side, their duty was first to the King, and they would inform him of her plans. Then he might kill her daughter, something she would never allow.

"Madame."

Anne turned her head to the man holding the sword as she knelt.

"I pray for your forgiveness, for what I am to do." She simply nodded, acknowledging his request. Shaking, he raised the glinting metal high above his head.

"Friend from this vessel, I move you. Offering this home as your residence, permanently transferred from one to other. Sealed in the binding you were conjured with, all transmuted wholly."

People let out small gasps as he swung the weapon down to her neck.

"Sitera lebon arian!"