Chapter Five

Y'all, shit's about to get real. Also, I've got one sketchy set of recent searches thanks to this story. I think the FBI thinks I believe I'm possessed. And, yes, shit's gonna get a little religious for a second. I didn't ask for this, but it's what the research said. So, warning: Jesus' name will be said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ela attempted to move her arms as her consciousness slowly crawled back to her. Carefully, she moved to push a bit of her hair away that had fallen in her face. But, as she tried to move, she found her limbs rendered immobile.

"Mother, what's going on?" Elizabeth asked. "Why can I not move?"

"You mean why can I not move?" she hissed. "I have yet to figure that out, daughter."

Ela attempted to thrash at whatever kept her tied down, even tried to make them burst with her powers. However, her struggling was all for naught. The chains would not budge. She screamed and threw her head back and forth, trying to get free in any way possible at this point.

"You can stop that now. You're just making a fool of yourself."

Ela slowed her thrashing, but the anger she felt only grew stronger as the dark-skinned man and his two henchmen emerged from the doorway. They stared her down with stoic expressions, unmoving as she lifted some metal object and threw it in their direction.

"If you want to go, I suggest you stop throwing things at us, too," the red haired woman added. She wouldn't stop staring Ela in the eyes, as though she knew something deeper.

"We tried to ask you some questions earlier, didn't go too well." The dark skinned man pulled up a chair and sat down at her eye level. She noticed he had a patch over one of his eyes, making him more intimidating to Elizabeth. "We're gonna need you to answer them this time."

"Swine," Ela spat. "How dare you demand such things of a queen?" The man glanced back at his colleagues, looking almost tired with this routine.

"There may have been a time when you were a queen, but right now, you're just a fowl-mouthed little girl."

Enraged, Ela lifted a metal cylinder of some kind and sent it flying at the man. When he managed to doge that, she started throwing anything she could in his direction, until finally, some large box she didn't recognize struck him and sent his body tumbling to the ground. All the while, Elizabeth watched in horror and attempting to thrash in the corner of her own mind she'd been forced into. She begged and pleaded for her mother to stop, and finally, for a moment, her real voice broke through.

"Mother, please! Stop, you're hurting him! He only wants to help!" The red head and man with the bow and arrow glanced at each other, surprised.

"Who was that?" the man asked.

"You foolish child!" Ela chastised. "Obey your mother and stay out of this!"

"No! They only want to help you!"

"Who was that?" The dark skinned man came to and slowly picked himself up off the ground. "Nick... another person's voice, just... came out of her mouth."

The red head didn't want to believe it. It made absolutely no sense, defied all logic and science. But, then again, so did she. Her very existence defied their previous understandings of the world. She needed to get that voice to come out again.