#4: Salvatore "Sal" Vulcano Jr.

On the night of December 8, 1992, a group of five Monsignor Farrell High School boys from Staten Island, New York, United States, all with mild mental or psychiatric issues, attended a college basketball game played at St. John's University in New York City. Afterwards, they stopped at a local market for snacks and drinks. None of them were seen alive again; one, Salvatore "Sal" Edward Anthony Vulcano Jr. (Born: November 6, 1976), an American improvisational and stand-up comedian and actor, has never been seen again.

Salvatore "Sal" Vulcano Jr.

Salvatore "Sal" Edward Anthony Vulcano Jr

Born: November 6, 1976
Disappeared: December 8, 1992 (age 16)
Hometown: Staten Island, NY, USA
Status: Still missing for 25 years
Gender: Male
Race: White Hispanic
Ethnicity: Italian, Cuban, and Puerto Rican
Skin color: Tan
Height: 5'10
Weight: 150 pounds
Body type: Athletic built
Hair color: Dark brown
Hair type: Short, cropped
Eye color: Green
Education: Monsignor Farrell High School
Parents: Salvatore "Sal" Vulcano Sr. (Father)
Dianne Hernández (Mother)
Siblings: KellyAnne Vulcano (Oldest sister)
Dana Vulcano (Middle sister)
Jenna Vulcano (Youngest sister)
Occupation: Comedian and Actor
Years active: 1990-1992

Several days later, their 1990 Chevrolet Silverado was found, abandoned, in a remote area of NYC National Forest on a high mountain dirt road that was far out of their way back to Staten Island. Investigators could not, however, determine why it was abandoned as it could easily have been pushed out of the snowpack it was in, and was in good working order. At that time, no trace of the men was found.

After the snow melted, in April 1993, four of the boys' bodies were found, in and near a cabin used by backpackers as shelter deep in the forest, 20 miles (32 km) from the car. Only bones were left of the three bodies in the woods, a result of scavenging animals, but the one in the cabin, Ryder Quinn, had apparently lived for as long as almost three months after the boys were last seen, starving to death despite an ample supply of food and heating materials available in the cabin. He was missing his shoes, and investigators found Sal's in the nearby woods, suggesting Sal, too, survived for some time beyond the last night they were seen alive.

A witness later came forward, a local man who said he had spent the same night in his own car a short distance away from where the Silverado was found, after suffering a mild heart attack trying to push it out of the snow. He told police that he had seen and heard people around the car that night, and twice called for help, only for them to grow silent and turn off their flashlights. This, and the considerable distance from the car to where the bodies were found, has led to suspicions of foul play. Police in the area continue to investigate.

Background
His parents are Dianne Fernandez and Sal Vulcano Sr.. They divorced when he was a child. He has three sisters: Kelly Ann, the eldest, and Dana and Jenna, his two younger sisters. He is of Cuban, Italian, and Puerto Rican descent. Sal had developed a slight intellectual disability from his early childhood. These eventually led to him being diagnosed with dementia. His disability made him a target of bullying which resulted in his parents taking him out of his first year in middle school and decided to homeschool him.