Chapter 2: Lincoln's animal spirit arises

Lincoln and lynn ran through the forest with kitanas in hand as they chased after the ninja, who was quickly out running them. Both consumed by rage, lincoln and lynn didn't care how fast the ninja was. He was responsible for the murder of their family and will stop at nothing to make him pay even if they have to chase him for eternity.

The scarlet red ninja to see the two angered loud siblings getting closer to him so he stopped in his tracks and lunged at them with sword in hand to attack. Lincoln blocked the incoming swing with his own blade. Lynn then jumped in the air, letting out a battle cry as she brought down her sword, aiming to slice the ninja in two but the ninja kicked lincoln away and dodged lynn's swing. Lincoln got back up and lunged at the ninja, unleashing an assortment of sword strikes to the ninja, who blocked every single blow with his sword. Lynn joined in as she traded blows with the ninja, who was blocking both lincoln and lynn's sword strikes. The ninja low sweep them off their feet, making lincoln and lynn fall to the ground, dropping their kitanas. The ninja aimed his kitana at lincoln, ready to stab his heart.

Lynn: NOOOOO!!!!

Lynn's red aura flared as her tiger spirit appeared and she used it to slash the ninja away from lincoln before he could finish him. Lynn tended to lincoln as the ninja got up. Injured by lynn's tiger spirit, the ninja got out a smoke bomb as he slams it to the ground, creating a large cloud of smoke that engulfed the area. Lynn and lincoln coughed as they couldn't see that the ninja retreated into the deepest part of the forest.

A few minutes, the smoke clears and it started to rain. Lynn on one knee, slams her fist hard into the ground, breathing heavily as she cursed in rage.

Lynn: (enraged) DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT!!!!! He got away! That family murdering bastard! I won't let him get away with it, I'll look everywhere until I find him and when I do, I'll make him suffer a thousand fold before he's dies, I SWEAR IT!!!

Thunders roared as the rain came down. Lynn begins to calm down a bit but was still angry and sad. However, she wasn't the only one who was devastated.

Lynn turns to her brother lincoln, who was on his knees, looking at the ground as lynn heard his faint sobs. Lynn also heard him talking to himself.

Lincoln: (in despair) they're gone... they're all gone...sob...sob...I shouldn't have to said that I wished for them to die...sob...sob...now it's my fault that they're gone...why? Why did they have to die? T-they did nothing w-wrong...nothing!!!

Then lincoln started to his emotions switch from guilt to uncontained fury as something inside him snapped.

Lynn: (spoke softly) lincoln...

Lynn tried to get close to her only brother to comfort him but stopped as she felt the ground shaking around her and the storm was getting more aggressive. Lynn tries to maintain her balance as she tries to figure out what's happening here.

Lynn then looks at her brother and lets out a loud gasp. Lynn's eyes widened at the sight of lincoln, whose body was surrounded by flaring orange aura.

Lynn: (in her mind) his aura? It's finally revealed itself?! How?!

Lincoln's eyes started to glow orange as his rage was rising to its absolute core.

Lincoln: (in tears; furious) they weren't supposed to be die. They can't die! It should've been me! (Yells out angrily to the stormy night sky) IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lincoln continues to yell out in wild rage and despair as his new found aura started to grow bigger and brighter. Lynn tries to get closer to lincoln to calm him down but the sheer force of lincoln's aura was pushing her back.

Lynn: (Yells) LINCOLN! PLEASE CALM DOWN, IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!

Lincoln: RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Lincoln continues to yell out until his aura flared up more and created a spiritual image of a huge mystical animal spirit. Lynn couldn't believe what she was seeing, it had revealed itself now. Lynn looked in awe at the sight of lincoln's new found animal spirit...a mystical orange and white dragon!

Lynn: (in her mind; in awe) wow... a dragon...! It's my first time seeing someone with a dragon spirit. I didn't think my brother would...

Lynn snapped out of her thoughts as she saw the dragon spirit of her brother unleash a powerful roar that stopped the storm. Then the dragon spirit slowly vanished as well as lincoln's aura while the white haired boy was about to collapsed to the ground. But before he could hit the ground, lynn ran up and caught him as she gave lincoln a warm hug. She can hear her brother's faint sobs.

Lincoln: (faintly sobs; whispers) it's my fault...my parents...my sisters... all dead because of me...I really am a useless disappointment...

Lynn: (spoke softly) no...you're not. What happened to our family wasn't your fault. You didn't make this happen and you're not alone...you have me to look out for you. And I promise to help you get stronger and when we reach our new level, we'll find the ninja clan that murdered our family and avenge them, okay linc?

Lincoln: *sniff* okay...

Lynn: (slightly smiles) good.

The two loud siblings hugged each other for a few seconds before breaking the hug and heading out of the forest as neither lincoln nor lynn won't forget what transpired here tonight.

To be continued...

(That's it for chapter 2! Thanks to feeling the pain of loss, lincoln's animal spirit was brought out, revealing it to be a mystical dragon! What's next for lincoln and lynn? Find out on chapter 3! Until we meet again everyone this is omegacrow fading to black....)