Movie Madness

"Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow," Peter quoted in sync with Johnny Depp. Tony glanced at him with a slight grin on his face. He didn't quite understand why he liked Peter so much. It wasn't that he was opposed to minors it was just that they generally tended to be annoying. And Peter should be, too, but for some reason he wasn't. 

"Want some ice cream, kid?" Tony asked quietly, trying not to talk over the dialogue.

"Are... are you sure?"

Tony just raised an eyebrow.

"That would be awesome, Mr. Stark!" Peter said, "Thank you!"

Tony couldn't help but chuckle at Peter's awe. He grabbed some Mocha Chocolate Core (the kid was obsessed with Ben and Jerry's core ice cream) from the fridge and headed back to the movie. Peter had spread out across the couch, and Tony decided to give into an instinct he had been fighting for a while. 

"Lift up your head, Pete," he ordered. Peter did that and Tony slid underneath him. He kept awkwardly holding it up and Tony fought the urge to laugh. He forced Peter's head on his lap and he relaxed. They shared the Ben and Jerry's cup, spoons occasionally fighting for the same bite. Eventually, Peter fell asleep on Mr. Stark's lap. Tony supposed that this was expected to happen but, when the movie finished, he wasn't quite sure what to do. He gently swung his arms underneath Peter's slumbering form and picked him up. Peter was by no means light but he wasn't heavy either. He felt like a solid weight, tying him to earth. Tony carried him up to his bedroom, tucking him in under the covers.

"Goodnight, kid," he whispered. 

"'Night," Peter mumbled back. Tony left the room then, cursing himself for getting so attached. When he slid into bed himself, he missed Pepper's warmth beside him and longed for someone next to him.

He slept fitfully until he felt a solid warmth pressed against his side, and then he could finally sleep.