chapter two

"He said what to you?" Ophelia asks me later that day.

"He caught me staring, apparently. That's all." I say reasonably.

She scoffs. "What is his deal anyway? Like, why is he taking our history class when he's supposedly here to mess with the VK's?"

"Maybe King Beast let him?" Ever since Ben and Mal kindled a relationship, Ben has wanted to open the bridge to more children of villains coming to Auradon.

Ophelia crosses her arms. "Well, someone better go talk to Ben or something about his new obsession with the Isle. It's starting to get a little out of hand."

I hold onto my book. "Ophelia..."

She throws her hands up in the air as we make our way to her locker. "I'm just saying! It's just weird, that's all."

"Well, why dont we march up to Ben and tell him to-"

"Rosemary Fitzherbert!" The Fairy Godmother cries out.

Ophelia and I share a scared expression. Dont turn around she mouths, but when I do I see that the Fairy Godmother has Harry himself by her side.

"Hello Fairy Godmother." I grin, hoping to hide both the irritation and sarcasm.

"Miss Fitzherbert, I have been instructed by King Beast to give this young man a tour of Auradon Prep this evening, but I unfortunately have a cotillion inquiries to attend to." She turns to Harry and then back at me. "Would you mind helping me out?"

Realistically, I could not. I had to work at Tiana's later and work on homework. I look to Ophelia for guidance, but she simply shrugs her shoulders.

"You are amazing. Thank you, child." Before I could protest, the Fairy Godmother was gone.

How did I end up in this situation exactly? First, we became partners for a project randomly and now a tour of the school?

Ophelia clears her throat. "Oh, would you look at the time! I have to - uh - go to the library!"

"The library? But you don't-"

"Bye!" Ophelia runs off, opposite the direction of the library.

I sigh drastically, keeping the frustration down to a minimum.

"Oh, come on, Flower. I'm not that horrible of a company." Harry says from behind me.

I turn around and realize how close he is. "Flower?" I scoff. "Flattery will get you nowhere with me, Hook."

His, what looks to be fake, hook brushes my blonde curls behind my shoulder. "That could change...it's only been a few hours."

"Oh, could it be now?" I argue.

He messes with my hair again, sending chills down my spine. It's a superstition in my family for someone to be playing with someone else's hair, especially since my mother lived in a tower for a good majority of her life.

"I could see us being more than friends if that's what you want to hear." His eyes steady to meet mine, and just like before, my stomach starts to hurt.

My phone starts to ring, stopping whatever flirty comment he had coming next. I look down and see it's Tiana herself. "Excuse me, hold on- Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Rose! Louis and Leo decided to show up today, so I've got my hands full with staff." She tells me, her sweet Southern accent charming.

"Wait so-"

"Enjoy your day off!" She finishes, and then hangs up with the sound of plates crashing in the back.

Stunned, I turn to look at Harry, but to my surprise to find him gone.

Biscuits.