Chapter Ten

Deciding I can't hide in my room for the entire evening, since I have a mission to do and friends to entertain, I slowly open the door to my bedroom and slide out.

I hear the laughing in the kitchen before I even take a step forward into their line of sight. When I do, Wes notices me first, a grin on his face, still revelling in my embarrassment. I sidle up to him as everyone continues their conversation.

"You could have told me we were going to have company." I chastise him, hating how his grin grows.

"That wouldn't have been half the fun. I did warn you about it though." I glare at him through my eyelashes.

"Saying 'you may not want to do that' as I'm about to open the door does not count as a warning." He nudges me with his elbow, trying to force a smile at me.

I give him a amused but annoyed grin as our guests begin to realise I'm here.

Jaz simply gives me a small shake of her head, embarrassed to call herself my best friend while the boys simple give me an awkward smile each.

"So, who wants spaghetti and meatballs?" Wes announces, thrusting plates into everyone's hands and grabbing some serving spoons. I thank him with a smile as he hands me a plate and follow everyone to the pans of food on the counter.

Our dining table only has four seats so, grabbing two of the bar stools, me and Wesley place ourselves as heads of the table while everyone else takes their seats.

"So, Lexi. How big is your dick then?" I choke on the spaghetti in my mouth, making a very unattractive spluttering noise as Seb smirks widely.

I swallow down the spaghetti and take the napkin from Archie's outstretched hand, thanking him with a small smile.

"Thank you for that." Seb smiles at my sarcastic wit before comes up with another awkward comment.

"I mean could it really kill someone?" I stab a meatball on my plate, pretending it's Seb's head before I'm rescued and stopped from leaping over the table and tackling Sebastian Turner.

"I would bet it's bigger than your, Seb." I beam at the look on Seb's face while Archie simply continues eating his food like he had said nothing.

"Dude!" Seb complains, a red tint covering his face. Archie simply shrugs.

"You're the one strutting around the gym changing rooms without a towel." I hear the rest of the table chuckle while I smile at Archie, both for coming to my rescue and for taking the piss out of Seb.

"Dude, you can stop. You've made your crush on Lexi really obvious."

Silence. Across the whole table, I keep my eyes firmly trained on my last meatball while I feel everyone's eyes turn to my end of the table.

The end where Archie has now dropped his fork on his plate and is glaring at Seb.

"I have a girlfriend, man." He defends, the tension in the room rises as I dare to look up and see Seb shrug.

"Doesn't deny your thoughts about Lexi." This time Wes pipes up defending both Archie and me.

"Dude, that's enough." I shovel my last meatball and remaining spaghetti into my mouth so fast I see Archie give me a double take.

Swallowing the last mouthful, I pick up my plate and stand up.

"I have now been embarrassed twice at a dinner I didn't know was happening and frankly didn't want to host. I'm going to my room now and do not want to be disturbed. Goodnight." I feel everyone's eyes on me as I place my plate in the kitchen and walk down the short hallway to my room.