Chapter 14

Finally updating the story!!!! :D So this has kind of a lame tie-in, but I liked the idea. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~Gotham City, Bella’s pov~~~~~~~~

I was pushed onto the floor by some unknown force. My eyes snapped open and I looked across from me. I fell asleep on top of my blanket because of how hot the bus was, even though it was December, and Deryck had pulled it out from under me. 

“Morning Belllla!” He yelled, laughing. 

“You ass, what’s wrong with waking me up like a normal person!” I yelled, putting my foot in Andy’s bunk to hoist myself up into my bunk, 6 FEET OFF THE GROUND. 

“Jordan wants you to learn a song for tonight. Apparently, it’s going to be huge or something.” Swanson said, poking his head into the bunk area. I groan and drag myself out of my bed again. I walk into the bathroom after grabbing clothes, brush out my hair, and get dressed. I’ll have to change later, for now I just don’t care. I walk outside for some fresh air when I see none other than Vicki Vale talking to Jordan. This is unbelieveable.

“So, Mr. Witzigreuter. You are in one of America’s most dangerous cities. How does that make you feel?” She asked, shoving the microphone in his face. I quietly make my way over to where they are standing and watch the interview take place. 

“I don’t feel anything, really. I’ve never been here, it’s really interesting. Much different from Indiana.” Jordan said, rather awkwardly. I chuckled and decided one more question before I butted in.

“Do you think anything will happen tonight that could threaten your life?" She flipped her hair and smiled at the camera. 

"Um... no. I feel completely safe." Jordan said, smiling at the camera too. 

"Well that's all the time we have. Let's all clap for the first out of state musician in 5 years to appear in Gotham, the previous being an up and coming band named Damsels in Distress." Vicki said, touching her chest above her heart.

"Who?" Jordan asked.

"Exactly. I'm Vicki Vale, reporting for Channel 6 news." She winked at the camera, as Jordan's face paled. I laughed as Jordan walked over to me. 

"It isn't funny." He muttered, shaking. "Anyway, I want to sing a new song tonight. I need to teach you the drum parts. Follow me." Jordan pulled me towards the venue and I saw that we were already set up for tonight. I sat down behind the drums and Jordan taught me what to do. 

"What song is this for?" I asked when we were finished. 

"It's a surprise. Now stay here while I get the guys for soundcheck." Jordan said, pointing to the drum stool. I sighed and stayed where I was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay guys, this is a new one for ya! It'll be out last song for tonight, so lemme see you party hard!" Jordan yelled into the mic. I was nervous, since I had messed up when I was practicing, but I found it was easy when I got the beat going. Since I felt I could do this on auto-pilot, I listened to Jordan sing.

"(Gotta try to give a little more love)

All eyes, always on me

But you’re so, ever so sweet

I know, sweeter than me, I know

Baby, I see that you

Just think about we

While I just think about me, I know

That you’re runnin’ all day

I know it’s a terrible thing

But I’ve got a plan this time

Girl, I gotta show, wanna let you know

When you’re low, you will never be alone

Gotta try to give a little more love

If you wanna roll, Down another road

Then let’s go, baby, we could be alone

Gotta try to give a little more love

Blamin’ everything on you

When I should be sayin’

I know I don’t say “I’m sorry”, sorry

So I’ll try every time I see you

To tell you just how I need you

Here in my life, I need you

Here at my side, but I’ve got a plan this time

Girl, I gotta show, wanna let you know

When you’re low, you will never be alone

Gotta try to give a little more love

If you wanna roll, Down another road

Then let’s go, baby, we could be alone

Gotta try to give a little more love

Gotta try to give a little more love. Good night!" Jordan said breathlessly into the mic. We got off stage and Jordan walked over and hugged me. "Well?" He asked. 

"What?" I asked.

"The song!" Jordan said. 

"It was awesome! Who's it for?" I asked. Jordan just sighed and walked away. I was going to run after him, but thought better of it. What has gotten into him?

Jordan's pov

I stood in the men's bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. 

"You seem down." A man with orangey red hair said, washing his hands next to me. 

"Love sucks, man." I said, running my hands through my hair.

"Tell me about it. I'm in love with this girl for 3 years and she's completely oblivious and doesn't feel the same." The man said, drying his hands on the paper towels. 

"Well did you ask her about it?" I asked. This man seemed familiar. 

"Of course not. All I say is one giant riddle. She couldn't understand." 

"Well why don't you say it anyway. It can't hurt to tell her." 

"We aren't that much different." The man said suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I hide behind riddles, while you hide behind music. Maybe you should drop the facade also. Just tell her how you feel, directly." 

"Maybe you're right." I said, finally realizing what I have to do. 

"I always am." He said, smirking. 

"TEDDY! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE! YOU TAKE LONGER IN THE BATHROOM THAN I DO!" A girl's voice yelled from outside the bathroom. The man chuckled.

"Well, the woman of my dreams calls. I must go. Good luck with your girl." He said, about to exit the bathroom. 

"Wait! What's your name? Mine's Jordan." I said, holding out my hand.

"Edward. It was nice meeting you, Jordan." Edward said, shaking my hand. He left and I realized what I had to do.