0.4 A Year Later

"Hey."

"Ya?"

"Do you still want to get married at 27?"

"Hmmm, yeah."

"What if I want to marry you now?"

She choked on her own drink, eyes went wider.

"I'm serious." he turned his head and looked at her in the eyes, his face appears calm and firm. "Let's get married."

"Umm ... ", she shifted the position of her sit, feeling her stomach got squeaky.

"I know, you're still 24. You said you want to figure out your life first, career and all." he leaned his hands out, reaching hers, trying to soothe her visible nervousness. Perhaps hiding his, in the process.

She remained silent. The more she look at his eyes the more she feels like her heart gonna jump out of her chest.

"But it was a year ago." his tone got softer. "With everything that happened, do you still feel the same?"

She take a gulp, her mind went on a throwback. The past one year had been ... significantly different. So different, in fact, she doesn't even know where to started.

"I know you're not the same person you were last April, that's why I'm trying my luck." he broke a smile to her.

Last April, it was a year ago. She was lost. They have only met again, never knowing how life would turn out.

" ... why?" she finally opened her mouth.

"Hmmm?" he hummed.

"Why now?" she let out her question. Why now. Why today. Why when they were both at a car just in front of her home and she has little make up on after spending all day with him, her clothes aren't as pristine. Why today, less than one month away from their anniversary. Almost two months before he's no longer 23.

Just... why.

"Why not now?" he asked her back.

" ... "

"Why not now when I know I love you, when I see you start to grow out of yourself and slowly be stable at your path."

" ... "

"Why we have to wait for the right time when it's us that make things right?"

She doesn't know how to react. A part of her feels like it's just a dream. She doesn't know if she hopes this is a dream right now.

"I don't want to spend another second away thinking you'll be gone. It's crazy. Marry me, would you?"

————————