0.5 Carousel

You forced me to rode the carousel that late afternoon. "I can't take you around the world, so we have to settle with this." you said, standing on my left as the carousell starts to turn clockwise. The lights are on and classical theme park song played on the background.

"Why carousel though?" I asked, hands holding on the pole in front of the pegassus seat I sat in. "Why not a ferris wheel?"

"I find it more romantic than a ferris wheel." you put one palm on your pants pocket, the other one on the pole. How can you stand steady admist the movement is a mystery to me. "But hey, are you one of those ferris wheel supremacist?"

"No." I objected, never really thought about it.

"You just wanna know why?"

"Yeah."

"I figured."

I said nothing to your cocky smile, knowing there's nothing to deny.

"When you're on ferris wheel, you feel so distance from above." you pointed at the moving cart on top. "With carousel, you're still surrounded with the world. It's just your place that moves."

I tilted my head to the right, not really getting it. You looked at me and seems to get the signal somehow.

"People think it's so romantic when the world is just between the two of them." you fixed your baseball cap, your hair's a bit messed up. I kinda wished you didn't fix that. "But isn't love a better feeling when it can turn a normal circumtances into something special?"

I stretched one arm outwards, feeling the wind caressing my palm, trying to grasp how the air feels like. "Yeah."

We spent the next round in silent as both our eyes wandered at the surroundings. The lights are starting to turned on as the sky starts to get darker, somewhere between a dark blue and a hue of orange. Crowds began to come from every corners of the theme park coming to the front gate near our place. What was once a bit sleepier spot has not began to be swarmed with sounds.

"Tell me." you suddenly say. "Do you want me to kiss you at the ferris wheel?"

"Why do you think so?" my fingers start to dance in a random movement.

"Because you seems like a hopeless romantic." you answered. "You always are, between the two of us."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Nothing's good or bad, it's just perspective."

"And yours is?"

"If it's up to me, I'll kiss you everywhere I liked." you laughed. "But unfortunately, I can't."

I stared at your eyes and you stared back at mine. Your hands started to play with my hair.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because as much I would like it to be, this world isn't ours." you smiled at me. "And I can't afford the world that I want to give you yet."

"What do you think that world is?"

"The world where I could take you on a train voyage, instead of a carousel ride." you sighed, eyes wandered once again.

"You know." I fixed your jacket that is hanging above my shoulder. "I wouldn't mind a carousel on my backyard."

"Really?" you chuckled.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I could rent it to neighborhood kids, and used the money to build my own railroad."

You cracked a laugh. "What would you do then?"

"Well, you could supply the train." I shrugged.

"Supply the train?"

"Yep."

"And then?"

"We run our own train company."

The sky is getting darker, but your smile is getting wider. I never knew those two works great as pair.

"Your mind ... is always something." you shakes your head, still smiling.

"I know." I cracked my own smile as well. "Something good or something bad?"

"Something that I like."

"Just like?"

"Love."

"Poor you."

The wind is getting harsher, but we decided to go for one more ride before leaving the park and go back home. "We need research for your backyard business." you said. And well, I just tag along.

And it was also due to research that you decided to put your lips on mine, breaking it with a wide grin and a question. "See, carousel is more romantic than ferris wheel?"

I say nothing as I let the color of sunset reflects on my face.

Yeah. Yeah, you're right.